art.def, arttable.cfg und UO 3D

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 095. Note: Core 095 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Pierce
Forum Regular

art.def, arttable.cfg und UO 3D

Post by Pierce »

It does not quite belong to this forum, but i think it fits best here.
Perhaps the admins can add a general uo forum, if wanted.

I think Shinigami ask a question going in the same direction in the old forum.

I am playing around with the 3D Client just for testing. The 5.0.1h 3D works fine on Pol 96 even if i don't like it. If you patch new graphics into the art.mul you see them as unused tiles on the 3D client. So i try to search a connection, just looking at the art.def and arttable.cfg.
It's hard to find informations on these two files so i just look at their syntax.

art.def
e.g.
25073 {24863} 1161
25940 {20320} 1645

25073 is the overall index of the golden horse statue (0x21f1) while
24863 is the overall index of the normal horse statue (0x211f). The third value i think is the color (hue).

25940 is the overall index of the daemon sword (0x2554, only 3D) while
20320 is the overall index of the longsword (0xF60, 2D).

So i thought the syntax is:
NewValue {OldValue or corresponding value} Color

But it seems to have nothing to do with 3D or even normal 2D client, because nothing changes if i change values for testing and restart
the client. Perhaps someone knows how this file works or for what client conversions it is needed. They change the chess board value to the mah jong board value in this file also. To be short, i have no clue yet :wink:

arttable.cfg
looks like that, eg:

16337 { 2106 } 0
16927 { 16927, 24968, 24969 } 0

I have no clue yet :D

General 3D
I think it is all in the models and particles directory. But is it hard coded in the 3D Client or can the above 2 files can be used to spot to the right point?
Another question is belonging to the *.pbg files in the particles directiory.
Does pbg mean point based graphics? This is the only thing i found yet.
If i look at these files, i see that they point to one or more .tga graphics in the same directory.

Perhaps someone here knows the answers or is also interested in doing some tests on that :wink: