armor ar issues

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

phao
Grandmaster Poster

armor ar issues

Post by phao »

i've setted the AR for my armors (in itemdesc.cfg) but when i wear them, the AR (seems) isnt correclty beeing added, i have some with ar = 18, some with ar = 12, some with ar =6, and when i wear them, the ar that appears in the statwindow is 18. i've noticed that his have to do with armorzone, how can i do it in someway that each armor i wear, it just add to the total ar, suposing i have 2 armorr with ar 10 and 3 with ar 5, so the total ar would be 35

how can i do that? like ignoring the armor zones to calc the total AR, so it'll be the sum of the all ar of the things i'm wearing (that has ar).

??
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

As I recall from my discussions/replies from Austin what you want to do isn't implemented or possible but with packethooks it might be. So I leave that for people wiser than I to tackle.

The way AR is handled by the server is based on percentage of coverage for each armour zone. For example if you are wearing armour that has each piece rated at 50 AR but you are only wearing enough of the armour to get a 50% coverage your total AR will be 50% of 50 or 25 AR.

I am sorry but I couldn't find the coverage percent values associated with each armour zone but I suspect they are probably similar to the "to hit" chance in armrzone.cfg in \pol\config
phao
Grandmaster Poster

Post by phao »

it is EXACLY what you've saind, thank you very much, it worked
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

*smiles*
You are welcome.