UO:KR =)

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

[XZ]Blood
New User

UO:KR =)

Post by [XZ]Blood »

There is a question..!!! pol097 RC3 * can work with UO:KR???? How much I know the report of data transmission of the new client strongly enough differs from old.... Whether development in the given direction are planned? ....

Whether the release pol097 will work with UO:KR??? Or absolutely new kind of the emulator - "pol098" will be developed ?? ....
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Though I am not on the POL dev team I think it's safe to say that POL 0.97 will not be guaranteed to work with UO:KR. POL 0.97 is pretty much in its final stage of beta as far as I can see.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

If i understand that posting right it will perhaps be added in the near future :)
mr bubbles
Grandmaster Poster

Post by mr bubbles »

where can i download uo:kr? I don't have an osi account at all. Anyone know?
Shinigami
Former Developer

Post by Shinigami »

you can download UO:KR from http://www.uoherald.com/kingdomreborn/g ... /index.php ... but you need at least 5GB free hdd space to install it (2.2 GB download + install)

Shinigami
Duskman
New User

Post by Duskman »

Great news.

So one question at this moment. Is it possible to play on custom map with KR?
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

From discussions I have seen on other forums, the utilities have not been made that will make custom artwork, animations or maps work on KR. Apparently it's done in a completely different way. (ie no mul files)

Also, I am not so sure we should be making a big fuss of KR. After all, didn't EA come to an agreement with RunUO to not support it? You don't want to be in the firing line with POL.
RazorTongue
New User

Post by RazorTongue »

I've found tool that unpacks .uop files
http://scriptsharing.dv-team.de/dle/index.php?subcat=12
(there's kr launcher too and somebody on their forums posted map format http://scriptsharing.dv-team.de/forum/t ... id=16&sid=)

I've launched UO:KR with POL RC4. Logging in and walking seems working fine(also skills and vitals are displayed properly and target cursors are working ok), but there's a lot of unsupported packets. The most painful is SendDialogGump() and old-style SendTextEntryGump() malfunction. Unfortunatelly I have no OSI account to sniff that packets :sad:
coltain
Grandmaster Poster

Post by coltain »

i`ve played for a while, i hope it`s still beta, or even early beta,

i`ve checked graphics (many wasn`t there (for example drake && dragon look the same, serpentine dragon was absent...)

even running naked with halberd looks terrible

i`m little confused, i thought it will be only map and graphic upgrade, but now it is.... (i miss for an old backpack gump)

i hope they will correct it.. i hope..
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

From what I've seen from posts on Ryandor.com UO:KR is a complete rewrite of the client side software. If I understand correctly it will require major changes to the current emus to make it work and OldNGrey is quite right about the graphics file structure changes. As to any legality issues regarding emulation of UO:KR I don't know but I think I can safely say if any of us are providing decrypted OSI/EA clients, modified OSI/EA clients or custom art files containing any original OSI/EA UO artwork for download or in patches then we are already in violation of copyright laws. Copyright violation has not been a major concern of many "free shards" for quite a while.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Yukiko wrote: From what I've seen from posts on Ryandor.com UO:KR is a complete rewrite of the client side software. If I understand correctly it will require major changes to the current emus to make it work
That's not quite correct. The emu change will be very low. As you can see Pol and RunUO already allow KR Client login. The packets are the same except for new packets of course :D

What is different are the new file formats. But even they are not really a lot different. There are no .mul and .idx any more but the structure is nearly the same. There is also no extra file for statics anymore. Map and statics is handled in one file now, called facetx.uop.

So the main work is on the freeshard side, if someone wants to get in trouble with EA of course :D
RazorTongue
New User

Post by RazorTongue »

Pierce wrote:The packets are the same except for new packets of course :D
Try to figure it out on your own. I've done some testing and the changes seem to be more significant than a few new packets.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Try to figure it out on your own.
Done that already if you mean me. :grin:
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

It's more than new packets. Housing packets for example, are being changed. Proof, I just logged in without accepting the 1.7 patch for 2d, and houses crash my client now. Update to the new patch released today, and it's fine (they did housing changes with KR client, so go figure).
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Since the KR file formats are similar to what the current formats would it be easier (for those who know how ofcourse) to write a set of conversion utilities to convert mul, idx etc files to the new format rather than rewriting the utilities we all know and love (and sometimes hate) to work with new file formats. I for one will be hardpressed to give up my custom map and artwork for KR.

To put it plain and simple, I'll probably not go with KR if I can't use what I have with it.
RazorTongue
New User

Post by RazorTongue »

Pierce wrote:
Try to figure it out on your own.
Done that already if you mean me. :grin:
I don't want to insult you, but simply I cannot agree with your statement that moving from UO:ML to UO:KR is that easy.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

It's much worse than easy, or even hard.

UO:KR is rewriting packet structures even for the 2d client now. Which is going to be a pain in the arse, hehe. Means more flags to check for KR era clients to decide which packet type to send :(
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

I did not look at the newest 2D Client cause i am working on something else but i found something:
LOL, it's so funny when one byte can creates "holy cries"

P.S. 6.0.1.7 patch does not break paperdolls, movers and a lot of gumps Analyse carefully packets with SpyUO for 2d client and you will see that only one byte was added to several packets with items lists And really this byte can be set in 0 for 2D client, because it was created for KR client I don't understand why all freeshards are crying about this patch and warning their players do not patch client
I don't know if that's what you call "much worse". Even if i don't like the way the guy handles people who seem to cry, it seems he knows what he is talking about.

I don't want to insult you
No problem, you don't insult me :D
I am only talking about what i found out with my own installation yet. And as i said above i am working on something else now. Perhaps i am way back with the packets.

Edit: Just found that, didn't test it:

http://www.uodev.de/viewtopic.php?p=34726#34726

And another new tool:

http://www.uodev.de/viewtopic.php?t=493 ... 0c388aa3c3