Unable to run.... Why?

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Ventura
New User

Unable to run.... Why?

Post by Ventura »

Can anyone tell me why the players are unable to run in my shard?
i've try client 4.0.11c and 5.0.6b. both using UO Rice

Can anyone pls send me a good client ).
Justae
Expert Poster

Post by Justae »

Which version POL core are you using ?

Check that you don't have some script which is hooking the run packet, perhaps something like fastwalking hook ?

Also, which client version MULs have you used to generate your server Realm files ? Ideally, you should be using the highest-version client Mul files which you are prepared to support on your shard.

Regards
Justae
The Forgotten Realm - South Africa.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

CoreChanges wrote: Note: clients 4.0.0e and newer do not like the uoclient.cfg setting EnableControlFlowPackets enabled, and causes login to fail. No way around this it seems.
If your clients stuck at verifying take a look inside your uoclients.cfg file and set the EnableControlFlowPackets line to zero or delete this line.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

You said they are not able to run. Do you mean they can't log in or that they can login but can only walk?

I assumed you meant they can walk but not run like you said. I'd check to make sure you don;t have something stealing bandwidth on your connection first. I have seen programs that snatch up bandwidth and that will affect speed of players on your shard. One particularly nasty type of program is torrent clients.

Also make sure you have a decent connection speed. I know this may be elementary but I wasn't aware until I moved to Texas that Time Warner has three Broadband speeds for residential customers. They signed me up at their lowest speed when I first moved here. In California I was only aware of one speed but here there are three as I said.

That's all I can offer as suggestions.