Statics0.mul -> items.txt ?

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

Duskman
New User

Statics0.mul -> items.txt ?

Post by Duskman »

Is there any tool wich could change static items to pol items (items.txt) ?

thx
Poi
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Poi »

I don;t think so, but you can use InsideUO to find out the id of the objects and go ingame and type .create <ID>

Search InsideUO on google.
Duskman
New User

Post by Duskman »

hey... i know what is inside uo and a lot of other mapping tools, i've made a map from 0. I just need to change something in town structure, and i don't have a backup of items.txt :/
Shinigami
Former Developer

Post by Shinigami »

WorldForgePol

Shinigami
GEEK
New User

Post by GEEK »

I don't' know how to use wordforge for pol to convert from statics to items.txt... for all the world.
dr_bliss
New User

Post by dr_bliss »

First of all, insert scripts from WolrdForgePol to your POL directory (you should know how and where ). You must compile these scripts.

After that, use 'staticsimport' text command in UO (you must declare rectangular area form which (x, y) to which (x, y), you want import items). Then, let script to finish importing (it may take a lot of time).

After all these steps you have imported, from statics0.mul, items in items.txt, but these objects still exist in statics0.mul (items have been duplicated). You must use WorldForge (application) to remove them from statics0.mul.

And this is all...
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Here is a 3D map editing tool that lets you edit in 3D mode almost as if you were InGame editing the statics:http://worldmaker.ryandor.com/
dr_bliss
New User

Post by dr_bliss »

Yukiko gives good advices, as always :p This program is very friendly and easy to understand. but... If you want to import more than 100 items/objects it will take you much more time than use world forge's script for importing items from statics...
Marilla

Post by Marilla »

dr_bliss wrote:Yukiko gives good advices, as always :p This program is very friendly and easy to understand. but... If you want to import more than 100 items/objects it will take you much more time than use world forge's script for importing items from statics...
So, you mean it's good for a small number of items to do a real quick change to statics, but for massive changes it's still better to use worldforge?
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

I got something somewhere that dumps statics to a text file for importing. I'll have to try to find it.
dr_bliss
New User

Post by dr_bliss »

Marilla wrote: So, you mean it's good for a small number of items to do a real quick change to statics, but for massive changes it's still better to use worldforge?
Yes, exactly, but it is only my opinion :). Using World Forge you can export to (especially export)/import from statics many items very quickly. You have to use only text command, which is a part of World Forge package... I've worked with many 3dr party tools for POL and I think that most of them are quite unstable... So I prefer use scripts than 3rd party tools, but as i sad it is only my opinion :) perhaps i'am wrong in this case... :)
Marilla

Post by Marilla »

dr_bliss wrote:perhaps i'am wrong in this case... :)
Cool, no; from what I see, it sounds like you are right on there; it looks like it's perfect for a small change of a couple things, but would be a bear trying to work with a lot of stuff at once. I agree about doing massive work all at once with third-party tools that you can't always trust to do it right. Within it's limits, I know that Shini's Worldforge and the POL statics package that came with it work well for major work, but this looks like it could be useful to pop on to and change something small, without the need to bounce the files back and forth, and such.

And before I talk myself into another circle, I'm gonna stop! :D