Please make NPC notoriety changeable dynamically

Archive of the older Feature Request Forum Posts

Moderator: POL Developer

OWHorus
Grandmaster Poster

Please make NPC notoriety changeable dynamically

Post by OWHorus »

Hello,

if I use mobile.SetMurderer(1) or mobile.SetCriminal(1) on a NPC, nothing happens. (npc.SetMurderer(1) returns 1, but the name remains blue). We could handle this with a hook, but its not ideal, since the hook would have to examine every DrawObject packet going out to every client.

As it is now, the entry
Alignment {good | neutral | evil}
can be specified in npcdesc.cfg and since 096 good aligned NPCs will be flagged criminal (grey) if they attack a good (blue) mobile.

But I would like to use mobile.SetMurderer() and mobile.SetCriminal() on NPCs. So for example a animal could be neutral (usual state) and later for some reason go to 'murderer', change to a red name as a warning and attack players.

Is this possible? It should have no impact on the rep system, if the user takes the color/alignment change into account. (A good mobile going bad (red) can be attacked by good players, without them going criminal, etc.).

Or did I overlook something? Besides the entry in npcdesc.cfg I found no way to change the name color on a mobile (after creating it) other than a player character.

OWHorus