Yukiko's Alt Distro - centos testing

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Yukiko's Alt Distro - centos testing

Post by boberski »

I created new topic for all our talks.

There is one major problem, for example the path for spells is:
pkg/skills/magery/spells/Circle1/

in spells cfg we have:
SpellScript spells/circle1/clumsy

For linux these are two different paths as you know Yukiko.

BTW. when I use .spellbook I get empty one but I cannot put any scroll insile because system tells me that spellbok is full so it has all the spells in it.

I try to find where else is the problem, I think all the problem are from chars in paths and names.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Yukiko's Alt Distro - centos testing

Post by boberski »

Code: Select all

syslog [pkg/systems/housing/changeOwner.ecl]: Item not found.
But:
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Also:

Exception caught while loading script scripts/misc/chatbutton.ecl: Unable to open scripts/misc/chatbutton.ecl for reading.
And right, file is not there
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Are you using the official but now unofficial distro 099?

Have a look at Distro/pkg/items/magicBooks/book/OnInsert.src

You might not pass the check within the script and that explains the error you receive.

If you want a full spellbook use text command: .spellbook
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

I am testing on distro from: https://github.com/polserver/poldistro/ ... Distro-Alt
*Edwards wrote:If you want a full spellbook use text command: .spellbook
I used this CMD :)
aderal wrote:BTW. when I use .spellbook I get empty one but I cannot put any scroll insile because system tells me that spellbok is full so it has all the spells in it.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Honestly, I'll suggest you to use the https://github.com/polserver/poldistro/ ... 099/Distro version. You'll end up with a playable set of scripts that you can easily modifiy if you want. The other version is an incomplete, still nice exemple, of what you can do with POL while my version was tested live with houndread of players during 3 years and a half.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

*Edwards wrote:Honestly, I'll suggest you to use the https://github.com/polserver/poldistro/ ... 099/Distro version. You'll end up with a playable set of scripts that you can easily modifiy if you want. The other version is an incomplete, still nice exemple, of what you can do with POL while my version was tested live with houndread of players during 3 years and a half.
I know this version :) but it is not HSA compatible I think :) besides that I try to help Yukiko to build new Distro for new UO client. I can always metge distros if I want it is not a big deal. :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

aderal wrote:Also:

Exception caught while loading script scripts/misc/chatbutton.ecl: Unable to open scripts/misc/chatbutton.ecl for reading.
And right, file is not there
Yes. I saw that source file was missing as well. Not sure what happened there but I will try to fix that.
aderal wrote:I created new topic for all our talks.

There is one major problem, for example the path for spells is:
pkg/skills/magery/spells/Circle1/

in spells cfg we have:
SpellScript spells/circle1/clumsy

For linux these are two different paths as you know Yukiko.

BTW. when I use .spellbook I get empty one but I cannot put any scroll insile because system tells me that spellbok is full so it has all the spells in it.

I try to find where else is the problem, I think all the problem are from chars in paths and names.
Right. This was written from a Windows-centric development. The original scripts date back to before there was a Linux Core. Plus the work I did was on Windows. So that's why the mixed case references because Windows sees Circle and circle as the same folder name. You're providing important feedback and helping me to remember to be consistent in my naming conventions. :) I'm not sure about the empty spellbook and spellbook full issue. Let me get back to you on that. It works on my copy of the scripts. Maybe it's a Windows versus Linux issue.
aderal wrote:

But:
This again is probably because there is a "case mismatch" between the itemdesc file and the actual file names. I'll fix that as well. I wish there was a way POL could make a runtime warning file that would contain things like this. eCompile already does this for include files.

And last:
Edwards,
The alternative Distro exists because I was chatting with Nando over Skype and mentioned that I had a version of the basic Distro from earlier days that I had updated. He said he thought that a basic set of working scripts would be a nice alternative to the current "Distro" and so he gave me commit access to the repository and asked me to post my Distro as an alternative. I hadn't yet announced it was there. Nando wanted me to wait to post about it on the forums. He told me the reason at the time but now I can't remember. Then Aderal found it and our discussion started in this forum.

The "other example" as you call it is a complete set of working scripts. A majority of the code is from the Distro that was released for POL 0.95 updated to work with the current (post 0.96) POL Core. Most of the problems are because Linux filenames are case sensitive and Windows are not. So I have some "case mismatch" problems to fix. I have Nando as proof that they compile and run just fine. I assume Nando is running Windows since he hasn't encountered the issues Aderal has.

I was a bit hurt by your statement:
Honestly, I'll suggest you to use the https://github.com/polserver/poldistro/ ... 099/Distro version. You'll end up with a playable set of scripts that you can easily modifiy if you want. The other version is an incomplete, still nice exemple, of what you can do with POL while my version was tested live with houndread of players during 3 years and a half.
I remember when you donated the Fantasia scripts to POL. I said then that it was a very generous thing to do but even your scripts needed debugging before they would compile. Plus I seem to recall some other issues with them too. Very rarely do any new software releases go smoothly. So I don't see why you felt the need to make that comment. I have always thought that your contributions to POL were a good thing. Now I'll admit that my code may not be as clean as it should be but it does work. Well, on Windows anyway :P I'll get it working on Linux too, hopefully.

Anyway, I don't want to get into a "my scripts are better than your scripts" argument. My code is there for those who want to use it and so is yours.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Aderal,
I have added a chatbutton.src script but for now it is basically what I will call a placeholder and does nothing.

I have fixed the "circle" case issue.

Still tracking down the spellbook problem and the changeOwner.ecl issue.

Today was a little busier than usual so I didn't have as much time as I usually do.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

@*Edwards: I checkout you Distro but first of all it has a lot of compilation script error. After I fix that and many more errors it is not working with new pol or new HSA client :(

I can log in but once no commands were working next my paperdol was not working etc. For example:
Account admin logged in from 31.182.75.6
Client disconnected from 31.182.75.6 (0 connections)
syslog [scripts/misc/logon.ecl]: IP: 31.182.75.6 Account: admin Character: Boberski logged on.
Unknown packet type 0xC8: 2 bytes (IP:31.182.75.6, Account:admin)
0000 c8 12 ........ ........

sysload=27 (11) cputime=0
activity: 1025280 noactivity: 4248
scpt: 1029528 task: 61(1) scin: 48659651 scsl: 729557134 MOB: 697 TLI: 15711
Client disconnected from 31.182.75.6 (0 connections)
syslog [scripts/misc/logoff.ecl]: IP: 31.182.75.6 Account: admin Character: Boberski logged out.
Now when I log in I can not do anything, no HP nor MP cant open anything ao say.

@Yukiko, just step by step to victory! :)
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Yukiko wrote: Still tracking down the spellbook problem and the changeOwner.ecl issue.
After last changes spellbook start to work. :) Maybe chars was the case.... :)
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Warning! pkg/systems/housing/housebanning.ecl does not exist!
Warning! pkg/systems/housing/housebanning.ecl does not exist!
Warning! objtype 0x160FD : ObjtypeName 'staticbantile' is the same as objtype 0X18889
Warning! scripts/items/blded.ecl does not exist!
Warning! pkg/systems/combat/setweaponhit.ecl does not exist!
Warning! pkg/skills/magery/spellbook/canRemove.ecl does not exist!
Warning! pkg/systems/combat/wrestlinghitscript.ecl does not exist!
More path problems :) for example you have spellbook and spellBook etc. :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

So the .spellbook command is working now? Can you also check to see if you are able to drop scrolls into an empty spellbook please? All that stuff works on Windows but it seems there are a lot of case mismatch issues with Linux.

Yeah.
Damn Windows.

It makes total sense to me, from a purely programming perspective, that spellbook.src and spellBook.src would be two different objects. I assume Windows does it the way it does to avoid confusion for "normal" people.

Thanks for the listing. I'll get it resolved.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

@Yukiko, just step by step to victory! :)
Yes.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Aderal,
I think I've fixed the "case mismatch" problems you posted.

I still haven't figured out what gave this error:
This reminds me that I still need to write some documentation for using the Static Housing system I have included. The original official POL Distros did not have a static housing system. The one in the Alt. Distro is a marriage between the World of Dreams (WoD) static housing system and the one originally written by Bishop. Those familiar with WoD system know how the deeding works but there are differences when you want to sell a house.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Yukiko wrote: So the .spellbook command is working now? Can you also check to see if you are able to drop scrolls into an empty spellbook please? All that stuff works on Windows but it seems there are a lot of case mismatch issues with Linux.
Yes it is working, also you can put scrolls in empty book ant it renders as it should insude the book.
Yukiko wrote:It makes total sense to me, from a purely programming perspective, that spellbook.src and spellBook.src would be two different objects. I assume Windows does it the way it does to avoid confusion for "normal" people.
You are correct but still it is cause of lots of problems as we see now. :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

aderal wrote:
Yukiko wrote: So the .spellbook command is working now? Can you also check to see if you are able to drop scrolls into an empty spellbook please? All that stuff works on Windows but it seems there are a lot of case mismatch issues with Linux.
Yes it is working, also you can put scrolls in empty book ant it renders as it should insude the book.
That's great!
aderal wrote:
Yukiko wrote:It makes total sense to me, from a purely programming perspective, that spellbook.src and spellBook.src would be two different objects. I assume Windows does it the way it does to avoid confusion for "normal" people.
You are correct but still it is cause of lots of problems as we see now. :)
True but if Windows worked like Linux these problems wouldn't exist because Windows would complain like Linux does and they would have been fixed.

By the way, did you get the world data from the repo and add it to your server? Naturally the items.txt etc. will only work if you are using the standard map. Also it only contains data for Felucca.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Yukiko wrote:By the way, did you get the world data from the repo and add it to your server? Naturally the items.txt etc. will only work if you are using the standard map. Also it only contains data for Felucca.
Yest I uploaded data folder from repo, I am testing on default map so everything works.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

@Yukiko
Ok, after you jast changes there is no warnings on pol star, everything is loading properly.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I want to thank you, Aderal, for your help and patience with the bugs and making it Linux compatible. I think the Linux issues were pretty much the main problems.

As I mentioned before I wasn't really expecting anyone to use it this quickly. Especially since I had not posted about it. I don't know where Nando is but I was waiting for permission from him before saying anything but now I suppose I should put a thread on the Distro Development forum soon.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Yukiko wrote:I want to thank you, Aderal, for your help and patience with the bugs and making it Linux compatible. I think the Linux issues were pretty much the main problems.
Your welcome, dude! :)