Bug with graphic art client 7 Stygian Abyss

Bug reports and feature requests. New features can only be added to the current development version. Bug-fixes may be back-ported.

Current release: 099 / Current development: 100
tomtommy
New User

Bug with graphic art client 7 Stygian Abyss

Post by tomtommy »

Hi all i need a little help with this bug i've noticed.
My shard work with pol core 099 (2010 with gargoyle support). I've a damn bug with graphics. When i create some item like ress gate, candelabra, lamp post e some others (i've noticed at least 40 items but i must test some others) in game appear another item.
For example if i create a lamp post, appear a table. I'm a worldbuilder with years and years of experience and i'm sure that is not a file problem.
I've tested all and i try to log in game with some client, with original file (no custom). If i log in with Mondain's legacy client.exe that graphic appears normal but when i log in with stygian abyss client (i've tried a lot of version) with same files that items appear changed. I think that client change graphic slot but i don't know why.
Please help me because it's very difficult for me now to fix this issue.
Thanks all
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Bug with graphic art client 7 Stygian Abyss

Post by Yukiko »

I have encountered the same issue. My lamp posts appear as half of a water trough. When I double click them like you would do to turn on (or turn off) the lamp, they switch to the other half of the water trough. I haven't experimented with any other items because if the lamp posts don't work then I can't use the newer client or the newer POL Core. I don't know if you encountered this bug tomtommy, but if I create the lamp post in my pack it appears as a lamp post. It only changes to a trough when I drop it on the map. I haven't reported this bug because I thought it was related to my custom MUL files but now that I saw your post I decided to go ahead and post.
tomtommy
New User

Post by tomtommy »

yes yukiko it's the same issue. when i move on back pack graphic appear normal. This items change only if i drop them in the map.
But it's not a issue with the custom mul. The same bug appear with normal file (i've tryed to log in with a clean installation of stygian abyss).
And yes lamp post appear like a water tough, another lamp post appear like a table. Other items bugs like candelabra brazier and some others.
Need to fix this because it's a very big problem
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Please tell me some graphics you are having problems with and what clientversion you are using

I have never encountered problems like this myself, thats why it needs some tests

Did you change the pol.cfg MaxTileID value accordingly to what clientversion you are using ?
Did you convert tiles.cfg after you changed the value ?

because with UO:SA max tiles changes from 0x3FFF to 0x7FFF
tomtommy
New User

Post by tomtommy »

Ok tomi i write you some graphics that change.
and yes maxtile it's 0x7fff
Client used : 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.0.6, 7.0.8, 7.0.13

Example of art changes : 0x1fe7 (one frame of white gate that we use for ressgate) appear graphic 0x2004

0x1f2b brazier when create in game appear 0x1f2c

0xa18 one type of lantern appear a little cube

and some more graphics like 0xa22, 0xa23, 0xa24 etc....
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

okay I did some tests with those graphics you mentioned ( Tests with clientversions 7.0.0.0, 7.0.24.x and 7.0.32.x )

Everything came up with correct graphics ( CreateItemAtLocation and CreateItemInContainer )

Are you sure you dont have some "weird" code in some DropItem packethook or container remove scripts ?
if possible give some examples what code you use to create these when the error occurs, because I can not reproduce this error

Have you tried to reconvert your tiles.cfg ? Make sure you dont use the flag UseNewHSAFormat in uoconvert.cfg ( if your clientversion < 7.0.9.0 )
Also clientversion >= 7.0.9.0 have MaxTiles 0xFFFF

In my tests I created stuff in my backpack and also on the ground, moved from backpack to ground, to other containers, back on the ground and no problems like this.

What exact version of the pol core are you using ? Compiled from SVN ( what revision ) ? some beta release ( which one ) ?

Do you have itemdesc entries for these items ( post them here, and all scripts related to those entries )

Seems like all these your problem graphics are lightsources ? do you have some code to turn on/turn off the lightsources ? in that case post it aswell
tomtommy
New User

Post by tomtommy »

I did my tests only with client versions <= 7.0.9.0. I've converted my tiles.cfg using HSAFormat Flag 1/0 but nothing, same problem.
Then the graphics issue isn't only about lightsources but also alchemical symbols for example or resurrection gate.
Tried with core version 2010 release and last rev.

Update: tried with the official POLDistro and this problem seems to be solved, so it not depends on my tiles.cfg but something else.

Code: Select all

use uo;
use os;
use cfgfile;

var config := ReadConfigFile("::tiles");

program drag()
	return 1;
endprogram

exported function dropping(who, byref packet)
	var dropserial := packet.GetInt32(10);
	if ( dropserial != 0xFFFFFFFF )							// If the character is not dropping it into the outside world
		var dropitem := SystemFindObjectBySerial(dropserial);
		var dragitem := SystemFindObjectBySerial(packet.GetInt32(1));
		if (dragitem.graphic == dropitem.graphic && !dragitem.isA(POLCLASS_CONTAINER))			// If the graphics are the same and its not a container, its trying to stack them
			var elem := FindConfigElem(config, dropitem.graphic);
			if (!elem.stackable)						// If its not stackable...
				if (dropitem.container)
					packet.SetInt32(10, dropitem.container.serial);	// If the stack is in a container then send it to the container instead
				else
					packet.SetInt32(10, 0xFFFFFFFF);		// If the stack isn't in a container then send it to the outside world
				endif
			endif
		endif
	endif
	return 0;
endfunction
I'm using the 7.0.3 client version.
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Look at your DropItem packethook ( the packet changed with clientversion 6.0.1.17 )

http://docs.polserver.com/packets/index.php?Packet=0x08

your dropserial is offset 10 but with the new packet its 11

and in uopacket.cfg you need to use Version 2 for the packet to tell Pol you are using the later version

MuadDib 08/03/2009
-Version 6
uopacket.cfg option is6017 removed.
uppacket.cfg options added. Version 1/2, and Client <string>
tomtommy
New User

Post by tomtommy »

Very strange cause I logged with the official Distro that has uopacket 0x08 Length 14 bytes and dropserial offset 10 and I've no graphics problems logging with clients >= 7.0.x :(

However, I tried your hint, but the problem is always here >_<
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Okay about that packet Distro has no support in packethooks for clients > 6.0.0.0 or such if I remember correctly

But anyway back to the problem, so what you really explained is, Creating the item in your backpack or another container shows correct graphics, but moving it from the container on ground changes the graphic ? What happens if you create straight on the ground with CreateItemAtLocation ?
tomtommy
New User

Post by tomtommy »

Tomi wrote:Okay about that packet Distro has no support in packethooks for clients > 6.0.0.0 or such if I remember correctly
This is the real strange thing!!! :o There aren't problems with graphics logging with a client > 7.0.x with that Distro.
Tomi wrote:But anyway back to the problem, so what you really explained is, Creating the item in your backpack or another container shows correct graphics, but moving it from the container on ground changes the graphic ? What happens if you create straight on the ground with CreateItemAtLocation ?
If I create directly an item on the ground like Resurrection Gate or some Lanters or other 20 different items, they appear with another art on the ground. If I drop them in my pack or simply lift, they have the right graphic. The only problem is the visualization using the CreateItemAtLocation.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

and which graphic number they have?

use item.graphic and say graphic number of item with wrong graph
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Post the code you are using to create items on ground
Post itemdesc entry of an item with problems
tomtommy
New User

Post by tomtommy »

Thanks a lot for your help, finally I found the problem! It was the obj.facing setted in my cfg, why it happened with client version >= 7.0.x? I've always used client versions >= 6.0.x and never had any problem...

However thanks again!!! You have been very kind :)
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Lightsources are the only items that "should be" affected by that facing, can you show the code/cfg you found... I will take a look if I see a reason why that happened ?
tomtommy
New User

Post by tomtommy »

Tomi wrote:Lightsources are the only items that "should be" affected by that facing, can you show the code/cfg you found... I will take a look if I see a reason why that happened ?
Removing the facing all is ok with client version > 7.0.x ^^ Never gave me any problem before. It seems for the moment only with facing 29, for example lantern with facing 1/30 doesn't create any problem.

Item 0x7002
{
	Name ResGate
	Graphic 0x1FE7
   Desc Gate of Life
	//Facing 29
	Movable 0
	Tooltip This will bring you back to life
	WalkOnScript resgate
}
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Tomi,
My problem was with the lamp post (graphic 0x0B20) which is a light source. I think my problem might be related to this discussion. Is there a simple workaround?
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

The facing should not affect graphic anyway but I will look at it really soon when I got time, but for now as tomtommy mentioned try removing Facing from your itemdesc for the lamppost
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Will try it Tomi and thanks.

I can't help but wonder if my custom graphics and tiledata files might be causing this. I have quite a few custom graphic data that I have to transfer to the new client files and if I can avoid it I want to. So I hope I can resolve this.
Zik
Novice Poster

Post by Zik »

maybe it is not your case, but it sounds like file problem.
look through your Ultima Client files: are there Art.mul AND Artw.mul?

In case you have them, they should be identical copies. Simply delete Artw and Artwidx, make copies of Art\Artidx and rename them to Artw\Artwidx.

Client uses only one of muls at a time, randomly, but most of the time it's Artw. I faced this problem when I added some custom graphic to art.mul, but I could see these changes in client only in 1 case out of 5 (open\close client)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thanks Zik. I'll try that too if I have no success with the other option.