Text Command: "createroof"

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

Danielle
Grandmaster Poster

Text Command: "createroof"

Post by Danielle »

Introduction:

A powerful command that allows you to create roofs for houses in about 3 clicks. A gump is provided allowing the user to select both type, direction, and the base z-height of the roof. The base z-height is the height of the lowest portion of the roof, the first row of tiles. Then you select opposing corners of the structure you wish to build the roof on. Currently you can only create rectangular roofs in either direction.

Syntax:

".createroof"

Description:
  • You can target any two corners of the "box" to select items.
  • Uses a "nudge tool" which is a gump interface that after roof creation allows manipulating the items in any direction as many times as needed.
  • Has a detailed help section built into the gump to assist users.
  • Can create a roof of the following types:
    • Log Roof
    • Palm Frond
    • Blue Slate
    • Blue Tent
    • Grey Tent
    • Thatch
    • Red Tile
    • Wood Shingle
Tip: If the file looks "jumbled" or "messy" in your text-editor of choice, scroll down for an alternative version saved in PC-format. Download and try this one first though!
Attachments
createroof.zip
POL VERSION 96 IS REQUIIRED!
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
Last edited by Danielle on Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DeiviD
Expert Poster

Post by DeiviD »

quickie, if you change those SendDialogGump calls (just remove the 2 zeroes (0)) it works 100% on pol095
Danielle
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Danielle »

Good to know.

I didn't have the resources, or really the time to make sure if it would work on 95, so I just thought it safest to say 96 only.
Poi
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Poi »

I was thinking about using this after what DeiviD but holy shit its a mess, id rather not look thru the file... I wish it wassnt so messy though thats an awesome command!
Danielle
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Danielle »

What exactly do you mean by a "mess"?
Tritan
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Tritan »

All I can say is WOW. This is very nice, the one thing I hated about building made alot easier, now that is nice.

The script does everything one would need and the changes to make it work with 95 is nothing. It took me roughly 3 minutes. ;)
Firedancer
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Firedancer »

Danielle wrote:What exactly do you mean by a "mess"?
maybe he opened it on notepad hehe ;)
Seems to be stored in unix format I guess.
Danielle
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Danielle »

Yes, it is stored in UNIX format.

I suppose if someone wants it, and all they have is Notepad (should seriously get a better text editor!), then here is a copy stored in PC format.
Attachments
createroof.zip
This is the exact same file as above, except it has been saved in "PC format", so it can be used with Notepad!

Most text-editors support both PC and UNIX formatting, which only determines how line-breaks are handled.

Download the one above, if
(5.1 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
Naglfar
New User

Post by Naglfar »

Created roofs are very simple, I rarely use this command. But you made great function and gump for moving roof, I used this part of code in many other commands (eg. makeset). Thanks!