Spell book problems

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Spell book problems

Post by Yukiko »

OK I have pretty much decided to convert the POL 95 distro scripts to POL 96 since that seems to be the best way to "start fresh" from a working (relatively bug free) scriptbase. Well under POL 95 they were working anyway.

So I added all the parenthesis to all the "case" statements that needed them and fixed all the deprecated "Damage" uo.em function calls and the one deprecated operator in the 95 scripts. I have not yet added realm support. My first goal was just getting an error free compile, which I finally did. Have lots of "variable not used" warnings but I got it to compile and POL is running.

However there is some problem with the spellbook. I am using Mondain's Legacy client version 5.0.1j (patch 12). I get a repetition of the clumsy spell on the first circle page and all other pages are blank. This is using the spellbook created with the .spellbook command which as I recall is a full spellbook. I created a magic arrow scroll and dropped it on the book but it didn't add it to the list of spells.

Has anyone had this problem and if so how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Fixed.

Thank you corechanges.

*smiles*

Guess that'll teach me to read thing more thoroughly.