Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 098.

Moderator: POL Developer

Luth
Former Developer

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Post by Luth »

I have the following changes on my local copy that I've been testing for bugs. They seem stable and in working order. In my job, we typically have some kind of review process before committing to the project, so if anyone has any questions / objections to the following changes, or would like to see the code before its committed, now's the time to speak up:

Code: Select all

12-05 Luth:
        Fixed:   A bug in Run_Script caused when a Parent script ended before the child script.

10-29 Luth:
        Changed: PrintTextAbove*() now takes one more optional parameter, journal_print, with acceptible values:
                 JOURNAL_[UC_]PRINT_NAME:    In the journal, it prints the item's description / npc's name, colon, the message (POL standard)
                 JOURNAL_[UC_]PRINT_YOU_SEE: In the journal, it prints "You see: " followed by the message (UO standard)
                 This does not affect the text that is printed above the item, ONLY what is shown in the Journal.
        Fixed:   OnRemoveScript and OnInsertScript now called with all appropriate parameters

10-28 Luth:
        Changed: Set_Script_Option() now returns the previous value that was set for that option

09-28 Luth:
        Added:   npc::Face( direction );
        Added:   mobile.SetFacing( direction, flags := FACE_NORMAL );
        Added:   MOVEOBJECT_IGNOREMOVALBE flag to move an object regardless of its .movable property
        Fixed:   Paperdolls now give all information for self, and less information for others
Pierce
Forum Regular

Re: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Post by Pierce »

Fixed: OnRemoveScript and OnInsertScript now called with all appropriate parameters
Could you please post the correct form of these two scripts inside the next core-changes
if that fixed core get official? Cause i changed e.g. my ones like it work now so they work. After a change not just me probably wonders why it don't work anymore cause i forgot that i have to change that due to an inappropiate parameter ;)

Something like:
Fixed: OnRemoveScript and OnInsertScript now called with all appropriate parameters:
on_insert(param1, param2, param3, ...)
on_remove(param1, param2, param3, ...)
I would really appreciate that.
Luth
Former Developer

Post by Luth »

I made the functions work the way they're listed in the documentation:
http://docs.polserver.com/pol097/script ... sertScript
http://docs.polserver.com/pol097/script ... moveScript

Would you like to see the details in the core-changes.txt file?
program onremovescript(character, container, item, item_amount, movetype)
program oninsertscript(character, container, movetype, inserttype, adding_item, existing_stack, amount_to_add)
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Yes that would be great, cause not all infos inside the documentation is up to date.
I always use the core-changes to be sure what a command needed. Perhaps i am the only one. I don't want to create extra work, but perhaps its possible to simple show the fixed or changed command the full way. Everybody would be sure to use the right syntax, even if he doesn't read all bug reports.
Just the way you just posted.

My onremove to avoid the problems until now:
program on_remove(who, backpack, item,movetype)

If you post the new or intended form like you just did in core changes:
program onremovescript(character, container, item, item_amount, movetype)

We all know that we have to look there :)
To be short, yes i'll like too see that details in core-changes.txt file :D
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

They look good to me, and the Journal one, default could be the item/person/etc?
Luth
Former Developer

Post by Luth »

The default in the EMs are JOURNAL_[UC_]PRINT_NAME so they'd act exactly as they do now:
backpack: [4 items]
Simon: Hello there!
dagger: a silver dagger of vanquishing

Since there seems to be no objections, I'll clean up the source of my personal mods and commit it.

Cheers.
ncrsn
Grandmaster Poster

Post by ncrsn »

Luth wrote:Changed: PrintTextAbove*() now takes one more optional parameter, journal_print, with acceptible values:[...]
Hey, is it possible to make the value optional? So that, instead of NAME or YOU_SEE, it could be eg. "Dadadada". PrintTextAbove(object, "Some text", ..., "Dadadada"); would print "Some text" over the object and "Dadadada: Some text" into the journal?

I don't think it's too important just now, but as an idea.

Anyway I like the suggested changes, thanks for making those.
Luth
Former Developer

Post by Luth »

Entirely possible. I'm going to commit the changes as is. If you like, you can start a "Would you like this feature? Would it be useful?" thread and if enough people want it, then I can make the modifications.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I confess I hadn't REALLY read this topic until now, just skimmed it before but for what it's worth I like the ch... ch... ch... changes.