Update on Palanthir client (Varan's UO client)

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

neizarr
Neophyte Poster

Update on Palanthir client (Varan's UO client)

Post by neizarr »

Varan's client (Palanthir) now fully supports up to 255 fully configurable layers.

It also fully supports the following :

Art with > 0x4000 ID's, this can be added to the MUL files with his nearly famous mulpatcher program, though POL does not support this yet.

Configurable stackable ID's (ie, items like gold, where amount dictates what graphic gets used).

Configurable animation to paperdolls.

Configurable chairs, both what items are chairs and what directions are allowed to be seated.

Configurable light items and colours for the light types.

Configurable mounts.

Configurable map sizes and files used for both map and statics.

So far as I can tell this is a very playable client and whatever problems may remain can be brought to Varan's attention no doubt and he will get to them as he can. But the continued major progress on this client proves to me at least that it is far from just another dead client project.

http://varan.uodev.de/

The client itself is filename client.zip.

This is posted mostly to notify the developers of POL as to what the features of this client is and it's continued development and progress.
zandor70
Master Poster

Post by zandor70 »

I have tryed it but enabling sound it exist because it don't' find .mp3....
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

I don't remember any of that from uodev.de ..........................

been a long time, but that is definitely not the site I remember, nor any of the tools. Will have to look up all my old client editors and verify. Interesting someone has "brought it back from the dead"