CTRL-SHIFT Core Change

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 097.
Note: Core 097 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Pierce
Forum Regular

CTRL-SHIFT Core Change

Post by Pierce »

1-2 MuadDib
Added : Native handling of 2D and 3D "Allnames" macro that uses CTRL+SHIFT.
Added due to the nature of client to spam a lot of these in crowded
areas, which would cause server lag due to packet hooks to handle each
request individually in critical mode per client using it.
What does native handling mean in this case?
Does the core now deny those requests?

I can't test that atm on our live shard, cause of my ecompile problem.
But i know that a player could harm the server in a crowded area with multis and a lot of items in that multis or around by using this macro.
Does that stop those attacks?
neizarr
Neophyte Poster

Post by neizarr »

It means you don't have to write a packet hook to handle the control-shift allnames stuff. POL will handle it automatically for you.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Client does not request item info, it handles that on it's own. It only requests MOBS.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

These aren't attacks. And yes it will only request mobile names. The core ignored them before. Now it responds to them and sends the results needed to the client.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

And the results is just a packet with the serial of the mob and their name, that's it.
Developer Silver
Apprentice Poster

Post by Developer Silver »

Could this feature be more configurable? :)
We already have a packet hook to handle this, and we reply to client only if mob is in line of sight.

Could you add a cfg entry to enable/disable core handling (even if I think the presence of a hook disables it) or, best of all, to reply only if in los?

Thanks in advance. :)
Bracco
Adept Poster

Post by Bracco »

just put return 1; in your packethook and the core will never get that packet
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

As Bracco said.......

If already handling it differently, why not just have the hook block sending it to the core anyway? No need for extending work of the core when that's all you need to do :)
Developer Silver
Apprentice Poster

Post by Developer Silver »

No problem, I proposed that only to avoid this:
the nature of client to spam a lot of these in crowded areas, which would cause server lag due to packet hooks to handle each request individually in critical mode per client using it.
Anyway if it works anyway without problem, I'll continue to use my hook :)
Zgryt
New User

Post by Zgryt »

Huh im using tooltips hook which changes names of items to "<basefont color..." so when im using ctrl+shift i see (good working mobs which one my packet hook dont touch) and items with name "<BASEFONT COLO...", can you add handling for html code in item names? I mean just <BASEFONT COLOR=#color>Name</BASEFONT>

Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Zgryt wrote:Huh im using tooltips hook which changes names of items to "<basefont color..." so when im using ctrl+shift i see (good working mobs which one my packet hook dont touch) and items with name "<BASEFONT COLO...", can you add handling for html code in item names? I mean just <BASEFONT COLOR=#color>Name</BASEFONT>
The core has nothing to do with it, itemnames are handled by the client. To avoid this problem let the client handle the color of itemnames in the tooltips.
You can control the color of mobs in your tooltips because client requests the name of the mobs after ctrl+shift, but uses the complete itemname told in your tooltip.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I have noticed that the client uses the tiledata name for items and not the server name. Mobs are handled differently it seems. Is there anyway to make the client request the actual name of the item rather than using the tiledata name?