095 distro to 096 patch

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

Para
New User

095 distro to 096 patch

Post by Para »

Hello everyone

As you can see from the title, I recently went through the process of fixing 095 distro so that I could start 096 core with 095 distro. I know that the 095d is outdated but it's still a lot better than having nothing which is essentially what we now have.

Because of the various changes I'm not going to give you any guarantees that the scripts will work correctly, the only thing I guarantee is that by following the instructions included in the .zip (Read me for instructions.txt) you should be able to get a POL096 core with 095 distro scripts running.

Oh and moongates are disabled in this pack but it shouldn't be too much of a hassle for you to figure out how to enable them. Think it as a first exercise when familiarizing yourself with the changes I made.

Okay, enough talking. Since I can't apparently add attachments yet, here's a link to the .zip: Right click, save as.. If you notice any major/critical errors which prevent POL096 from starting up and letting people in please contact me.
tekproxy
Forum Regular

Post by tekproxy »

I see you even went through the process of registering just to share this. Thanks a lot. Hopefully Muad or someone will make it easier to download. Welcome to the forums.
Para
New User

Post by Para »

tekproxy wrote:I see you even went through the process of registering just to share this. Thanks a lot. Hopefully Muad or someone will make it easier to download. Welcome to the forums.
Admittedly I was encouraged to do so. I'm already looking on another patch to make this 097core compatible but I'm currently lacking free time to actually do it...
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Lacking free time.....

Welcome to our world :D
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Hey, where can I get some time for free. I can't even find a place to buy time...
Para
New User

Post by Para »

I thought I'd just report here that I recently had a look at the amount of changes required to make this patch 097 core compatible and after estimating about +500 individual needed changes I thought I'll let it be so I won't be making 095d->097c patch but instead I will be focusing my free time on some actual scripts.
tekproxy
Forum Regular

Post by tekproxy »

I patched 095 to 097 in an hour or so. It was about 5 search and replaces through all of the distro which took about 30 seconds all together, when you add in the time it took me to type it. The rest of the time was including the new modules (storage, vitals, etc...), which had to be done by hand.

What sort of scripts will you be writing?
Para
New User

Post by Para »

tekproxy wrote:I patched 095 to 097 in an hour or so. It was about 5 search and replaces through all of the distro which took about 30 seconds all together, when you add in the time it took me to type it. The rest of the time was including the new modules (storage, vitals, etc...), which had to be done by hand.
Please share :) Oh and I'm also looking for a good text editor, Notepad just doesn't cut it, which one you'd recommend?
tekproxy wrote:What sort of scripts will you be writing?
Original ;)
tartaros
New User

Post by tartaros »

UltraEdit with syntax highlightning