Animxlate & changed graphics

Report core bugs regarding the Ultima Online Emulator Core release (version 097). You can attach your Core Dump. One bug per post.

Moderator: POL Developer

Bracco
Adept Poster

Animxlate & changed graphics

Post by Bracco »

mmh... ok this isn't really a bug, but i didn't know where to post it :\

btw, with new clients, when you are mounted AND your graphic is different from the usual human ones (polymorph, necro spells etc) you become invisible to other players.
this does not happen when you are not mounted. so i guess its because of the animation codes (thats the reason of animxlate in title)

also with older clients it worked better (you were visible) but also buggy, since some animations caused graphical glitches.

so i think, should the core send normal (non mounted) animations when your graphic is different from 400 or 401 (and elfs ones, dont remember them atm :P ) ?
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Actually, the client was not designed for many mounted animations. Bow, Salute, casting, etc, while mounted isn't even done on OSI.

Far as the mounted with Poly, etc. Exactly. Any mount layer MUST be removed when changing from race style form. Trust me. Ends up messing with the client because it's there.
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

I also got into the habit of only performing animations if the player has the graphic for it. Otherwise if you are morphed there's a lot of other things that don't look right - not just being mounted.