Buffs/debuffs client list...

Here you can discuss packets, implementation and design, and software related to the packet sniffing and such. This is not the place to post packages for POL, but rather discuss the packet side of them.

Moderator: POL Developer

Bracco
Adept Poster

Buffs/debuffs client list...

Post by Bracco »

anyone has some infos about that? its a nice feature imho (introduced somewhere with 5.x.x clients)

would be nice to find out what packets are needed to use this feature on the client...
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

It is listed in the packet site, I have most all info on that thanks to other's hard work on it.

Here is the link to the packet which controls it
Bracco
Adept Poster

Post by Bracco »

mmh... i see no info on that in the link (and in packet guide) O_o

i am talking about this

this should be a live list of the current buffs and debuffs a player has active on himself... never saw it working btw (found only this screen) but i see the little gump that should contain it when i use client 5.0.7.1
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Bracco wrote:mmh... i see no info on that in the link (and in packet guide)
Its Packet 0xDF so:
http://packets.polserver.com/index.php? ... acket=0xDF
this should be a live list of the current buffs and debuffs a player has active on himself... never saw it working btw (found only this screen)
An image taken during my "proof-of-concept"-phase. But never had the time to actually write a complete system for my shard.

Bracco
Adept Poster

Post by Bracco »

Turley wrote:
Bracco wrote:mmh... i see no info on that in the link (and in packet guide)
Its Packet 0xDF so:
http://packets.polserver.com/index.php? ... acket=0xDF
this should be a live list of the current buffs and debuffs a player has active on himself... never saw it working btw (found only this screen)
An image taken during my "proof-of-concept"-phase. But never had the time to actually write a complete system for my shard.

omg i missed that and i looked at the packet list 2 times! o_O

sorry :P awesome btw, gonna play with it a bit ;)
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

HA, I was thinking of the combat book for some odd reason when I looked it up, sorry about that, lmao
Sadahar
Adept Poster

Re: Buffs/debuffs client list...

Post by Sadahar »

um ive been testing this package.. but i dunno how to change the text displayed :S could you help me? :)
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

The text is displayed using the cliloc number in the enable packet.
If you can't find a cliloc number that matches what you want to say then you can edit the cliloc.enu (or your version) and distribute it to your players. (use uoviewer to see if there is a close cliloc match).

If you haven't used or played with clilocs before, then I recommend them as a way to save a lot of bandwidth and make your messages consistent. I am planning to replace all my SendSysMessage functions with SendSysMessageCL. Worth taking a look. You can't get buff/debuff working properly without getting to know clilocs.
Sadahar
Adept Poster

Post by Sadahar »

oh i see.. thanks man.

Um im using pol 096.7 core.. with a custom distro.. but has come from 095 xD so its a bit annoying to add stuff from 097 distro... ayway this seems to work fine.. but i dont know how to unbuff some spells :( (nightsight for example xD.. i guess making the script to sleep 6000 seconds for each client that uses ns... makes lag no?)
OldnGrey
POL Expert

Post by OldnGrey »

You need to remove the buff itself and remove the buff/debuff gump from the display. Nothing is removed unless you script it.

I don't know how your scripts remove nightsight, but my daynight script loops looking for a "nightsight" cprop on the player with the expiry time and sets the lightlevel on that player. If it's expired it then daynight sends the packet to remove the nightsight from the buff/debuff display.

In general terms, not specific to nightsight, I have a test that runs every 5 seconds looking for any expired buffs. I picked 5 seconds because that's how often your client updates the countdown timer on the buff/debuff gump. If the buff is expired I first remove the buff then I call a function I wrote to remove the buff/debuff gump.
Sadahar
Adept Poster

Post by Sadahar »

yeah thats other way :P

um nightsight works with core method... player.setlightlevel(level, duration); (or something similar.. :P)

but now i have a lil problem... how ... can i set with the logon script the UOExpansion to ML, i cnat find a way, its T2A by default but i cant find any constat that determines de default expansion... -.-'
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

I'm not sure if i understood you correct, but if you want to set the expansion to ML
you simply need to use this simple command on the account:

Code: Select all

account.set_uo_expansion("ML");
Of cause this feature must be enabled inside the servspecopt.cfg:

Code: Select all

UOFeatureEnable=0x1A0
This includes all feature up to ML (elven, samurai, aos ....)