Search "bug" on forums

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Search "bug" on forums

Post by Yukiko »

When I click on a link in a search list then try to go back to the search list I get a "Page has expired" warning. This seems to be different than the behaviour my PHPBBS does. On my forums I go back to the list of search results.

Thought you'd like to know.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

I can go back easily to the search results...
Marilla

Post by Marilla »

It will depend on what browser you are using and its settings related to expired pages, checking for expired pages, and particularly pages that were requested via a POST, instead of a GET. Of course, it also depends on what the server is sending as far as the expiration time of the page in question.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Firefox 1.5.0.7 Doesnt give this error.

IE 6 Does

Conclusion: IE is just crap. :x
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

IE does definitely give that error. Wonder why my PHP boards don't do that? Must be the port to your MX System maybe.

Oh well, no biggie.

I rarely use the search feature anyway cause it is so limited. If PHP could do one thing that would revolutionize their board system it would be to give us an intelligent search engine.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

*shakes head*

The MX system has nothing to do with it. The files are seperate from the forums (different location even). And it only "shows itself" on the first main page of the forums IF YOU GO TO WWW. INSTEAD OF FORUMS. anyway.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

OK well, whatever it is I don't care that much. I had just posted because I thought you'd want to know about it.

Just forget I posted here.

Geez!!!