Adding layers.

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 095. Note: Core 095 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Adding layers.

Post by Yukiko »

Not sure where to post this.

Just wondering if it's possible to add layers to POL/UO characters.

I want to make it possible to change the appearance of the naked person in the paperdoll if a player does certain things but don't want to interfere with any equipped items. The only way I could think of would be to equip a new item that is attached to a gumpart image. However the obvious problem is that there might be conflicts with layers already in use. Hence the reason for my original question.

If not can someone suggest a different way of placing paperdoll gumpart on the paperdoll?
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

layers are hardcoded to the client as far as I know.. the only thing you can do if anything is change the graphic of the person but I'm not big on customizing client files so I wouldnt know where to begin on that...
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Sorry. Need to preserve the character graphic. I have added many new clothes and stuff to the gumpart file so I have no problem modifying client files (to a point).