VD Files

This is where you can discuss UOFiddler, by Turley.

Moderator: POL Developer

Pinco
New User

VD Files

Post by Pinco »

Does anyone has the file structure of the vd files?

I'm trying to make a tool for visualize this animations (without import or anything), but I can't seem to find any information...
I've done some scouting in the uofiddler sources, but the code is messy and uncommented and I get lost at the point of reading the frame image...

If someone has a better knowledge of this let me know, thanks :)
Nando
POL Developer

Re: VD Files

Post by Nando »

I'm not following the client data very closely. Do you mean verdata.mul? Here is a reference to UO file formats:

https://uo.stratics.com/heptazane/fileformats.shtml

It's a bit old but not much has changed since then. One thing that changed: after HSA, new fields were added to the structs. Especially for tiledata and multis.
AsYlum
Grandmaster Poster

Post by AsYlum »

Pinco wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:46 pm Does anyone has the file structure of the vd files?

I'm trying to make a tool for visualize this animations (without import or anything), but I can't seem to find any information...
I've done some scouting in the uofiddler sources, but the code is messy and uncommented and I get lost at the point of reading the frame image...

If someone has a better knowledge of this let me know, thanks :)
You may want to try looking into mulpatcher source for .vd informations - http://varan.uodev.de/

First you need to know mul format for animations and how frames are stored. Some info is in Heptazane doc and another one is here http://wpdev.sourceforge.net/docs/forma ... tions.html

I think that VD is custom header, index part of mul for animation and then exact Frames like in mul. But all in one vd file :) If I get some free time I'll try to post here.

There is also chance that vd is just verdata entry for anim.mul :) so exact format for verdata from uo.
Nando wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:48 pm I'm not following the client data very closely. Do you mean verdata.mul? Here is a reference to UO file formats:

https://uo.stratics.com/heptazane/fileformats.shtml

It's a bit old but not much has changed since then. One thing that changed: after HSA, new fields were added to the structs. Especially for tiledata and multis.
.vd is varan's custom format for patches for mulpatcher app from years ago. It is almost the same as animation frame format with idx but in one file.
AsYlum
Grandmaster Poster

Post by AsYlum »

It looks like .vd is just verdata file fromat.
Pinco
New User

Post by Pinco »

Thanks, that's good informations :)

At the moment I have my app reading all the EC animations, I was hoping the frames were saved in the same way, but apparently no such luck :D

For example on EC you have the image size, body ID and action ID + all the image data, here the frame looks similare, but I can't seems to find where the action ID is obtained (like walk, run, etc...). Maybe that is just to be guessed too I supposed? :D
Pinco
New User

Post by Pinco »

Here is another little question:
The EC animations has 52 for people/equipment +18 for gargoyle, and the other creatures have like 28 +3 for the mounts.
For what I can see, the vd file has: 12 or 22 for creatures and 35 for people/equipment. Is that the default for cc to have less animations or it is me doing something wrong? :D
AsYlum
Grandmaster Poster

Post by AsYlum »

Yes that is normal classic client has way less frames than KR or EC
Pinco
New User

Post by Pinco »

AsYlum wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:51 pm Yes that is normal classic client has way less frames than KR or EC
mmm ok, so if I want to do an export I'll have to get rid of some animations and keep only some basics ones, thanks.

I'll do some research and find which animations exist in both clients, shouldn't be that hard, except for the high/low creatures, but I think I can just export those as high and that would work :)
Pinco
New User

Post by Pinco »

This is the first attempt of exporting an EC animation to vd.

Since EC animations has no center tile position I had to guess it (probably incorrectly), and I also had to reduce the colors to 256. Besides that it seems to work :D

If someone wants to double check it, I've attached the animation (ogre) to this post :)
Attachments
test_H.zip
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 229 times