Mouseover items UI

Get Help on scripting in POL with configurations, config setups, script trouble shooting, etc.

Moderator: POL Developer

nFz
Neophyte Poster

Mouseover items UI

Post by nFz »

Hey all,

So i got the latest uo client, POL 99.1 up and everything is working fine. One thing that buggs me with the latest clients is the shadow and all the information when you mouseover items. For example a half apron has about 5 lines of text. However when i use the same exact clientversion with sphere i get it the way i would love to have on POL, just the name of the item.

Is this possible to script and make the POL emu work like sphere? Im using Raxor with POL since i cant get on just using the client. And just the client with sphere.

Edit: On second thought, is it razor itself that is doing this?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Mouseover items UI

Post by Yukiko »

This is a client setting. Open Options on your paper doll. Click on the icon in the upper right that looks like a mouse. Scroll down until you see Item Properties Display Mode. Click on the radio button next to Single Click. Click on the Apply button. That should solve your problem. I am with you. I don't like pop-up anything as my mouse moves around. That's my one pet peeve with the ClassicUO client. It doesn't have this setting.
Untitled.jpg
Now the item will only display that info when you click on it.
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Thanks for your reply! However i was a bit unclear in what my question really was.
I did look around at all the ingame options and all those does not change the more modern item description ui compared to UOR when only the name of the item in a different font shows.

I highley dislike the more modern font with the gray faded out background and the extra information that is creating 5 different lines of an item instead of just the name.

Example:
clicking on a half apron in the newest clients nets me this: gray/black bakground and text on it with 5-6 lines of informaiton that i deem not needed and is unwanted. I would love to be able to just see the name: "Half Apron" and nothing more.

Im trying to create that nostalgic feeling (from when i played on Icrontik/ikrontik/Neverlands of clicking on items) on the new 7 clients. Is this possible? Somehow it works in SPHERE but not on POL on a fresh installation using the same newest client up to date.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I thought that might be your question but the pop-up thing threw me off. :)
What set of scripts are you using?
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Just the classic distro pack with pol 99.1 all installed today. I really hope this is scriptable since it works with SPHERE.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Look in /pkg/packethooks for the megacliloc package. Load the pkg.cfg file and set Enabled to 0. Save the file. Now when you run POL everything should be like UOR as far as item details.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I am not a big fan of the amount of detail displayed by the megacliloc package. It can be modified to reduce a lot of the detail but I am, once again, with you on this aspect as well. I started playing on a role play shard and a lot of that detail shouldn't be known to a character, at least, until certain skills have reached a sufficient level. If someone is running a hack n' slash shard then, ok, but that's not my style.
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

It does work, but doesnt change the font to the oldschool classic one. And the gray/black background with yellow-colored text of the item is still there. But the 5-6 lines of information is gone so im happy.

This should be possible to script to change the font and text color/remove the black/gray background right? If so ill just put it on my to-do list when i´ve accumulated more knowledge about scripting. I really appreciate your help.

Edit: Exactly! Just love the adventerous feeling of discovery.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Not sure about the scriptability of that. Have you looked at the client font settings? It may be a client setting.
Untitled.jpg
That is for speech but it might work for item display.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Hmm... I found the client font setting for tooltips but it doesn't change the font either.
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Yeah, i get the same, no matter where i change it to the oldschool best looking font it does not apply. So I´ve come to the conclusion based on these facts:

1. It works in Sphere, with the latest up to date client.
2. In POL, thanks to you i was able to alter how much information that is visible.

My thesis is this, either something is overwriting the fonts in SPHERE (Expansion settings or something in the scripts) or POL is overriding something due to the fact we where able to alter the information by scripts and not alter the textfont by the client options. I will try later today/tomorrow to reinstall everyhting with the latest client and try the different era setting, and a few other things.
AsYlum
Grandmaster Poster

Post by AsYlum »

I think you mean this
old-style.png
In config/serverspecopt.cfg you can set some flags for uo expansion features. It's not straightforward but doable :)

UOFeatureEnable=0x01A8

The value 0x0 will reset all flags along with the one responsible for cliloc popups that weird AoS style thing.

Here is more info about which value does what https://docs.polserver.com/packets/inde ... acket=0xA9 on the bottom in the Notes section
Notes
Flags list:
0x01: unknown
0x02: send config/req logout (IGR?, overwrite configuration button?)
0x04: single character (siege - limit 1 character/account)
0x08: enable npcpopup/context menus
0x10: limit character slots?
0x20: enable common AOS features (tooltip thing/fight system book, but not AOS monsters/map/skills, necromancer/paladin classes)
0x40: 6th character slot
0x80: samurai and ninja classes
0x100: elven race
0x200: KR support flag1 ?
0x400: send UO3D client type (client will send 0xE1 packet)
0x800: unknown
0x1000: 7th character slot, only 2D client
0x2000: unknown (SA?)
0x4000: new movement packets 0xF0 -> 0xF2
0x8000: unlock new felucca areas

Flags can be combined as literals to view. Such as to have NPC Popup Menus AND Common AOS Features, send as 0x28, not 0x8 plus 0x20 form.
Another example: elven race, samurai classes and AOS will be 0x1A0.

0x8000 flag is used for unlocking new Felucca factions areas, note that you have to use "_x" versions of map/statics if you want to move through new areas.

Since 7.0.13.0 City Name and Building Name have length of 32 chars, also added city x,y,z,map,cliloc description and BYTE[4] always 0 to city structure.
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Yes! That is exactly what i mean, this is amazing. The smoothness of the newest client with the old school feeling. Damn, im happy. Ill look into the flags and be sure to know how they all work.

Thank you all for all the help, now i can move on to start building all the cities etc on my new custom world.
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Changed it to 0x00 and it works perfectly, almost. At character creation screen everything is now locked as i want it to be, no samuraj, paladin and especially no elves. But gargoyles are appearntly a thing and i was able to create one. Is there any other way to prevent that from beeing created?
AsYlum
Grandmaster Poster

Post by AsYlum »

I think it is hardcoded in client so I'm not aware of any flag that can disable this in client.
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

I see, since im planning on preventing people from creating gargoyles i could just make a script with a check on entering world on new char if char is a gargoyle a warning message comes up then a kick. That would work right?
AsYlum
Grandmaster Poster

Post by AsYlum »

You can reset new character via script so if someone picks wrong race you can update that. You can even create script that will start new creation process after login so you can create gumps and settings valid for your shard.

Character creation screen is client side gump and there is no easy way to change that.

Another not easy but more possible option is to use ClassicUO and maybe edit the code and probably adjust pol code if needed to have completly custom client/server creation. But that will require quite extensive work ;)
nFz
Neophyte Poster

Post by nFz »

Amazing, the things you can do in UO emulators are insane. Thanks for your help!