[BUG] Character crash walking

For posting bug reports and fixes for scripts in the POL distro.
Not for discussion of third party script releases, or core bugs.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

morgoth
New User

[BUG] Character crash walking

Post by morgoth »

Servidor Core (99) instalado usando a ModernDistro. Quando entro no mundo o personagem não consegue andar. Como resolvo esse problema?

[Translation posted by Yukiko:
Server Core (99) installed using the Moderndistro. When I enter the world, the character cannot walk. How do I resolve this issue?]
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: [BUG] Character crash walking

Post by Yukiko »

I will test it but the Modern Distro worked for me. Make sure you configured POL correctly.

Please post in English in the future.
morgoth
New User

Post by morgoth »

I also did an installation from scratch and the same problem occurs, follows the source code

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JnHzZj ... sp=sharing
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I am looking at it now. I have found a couple of problems but I want to finish checking it out before I post the issues.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Ok. I just looked deeper into your testserver.rar file. The files in that archive do not match those in the Modern Distro repo. I do not know which collection of files you downloaded but it is not the Classic Distro or the Modern Distro. You only have the systems package in the /pkg folder. Both of our Distros can be found on our GitHub page.
morgoth
New User

Post by morgoth »

So I guess it was not very clear. I did the installation using modernDistro and it did not work, so I did an installation from scratch to test and the same problem occurred.

PS: In both situations the error occurs, I already tried everything... Helpmeeeee
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I tested the Modern Distro and I was able to walk without any problems.

I don't know about your original Modern Distro installation because you did not post it. I can tell you that the server you did post is incomplete.

The problem you are describing can be caused by not generating the realms. Did you generate the realms?

Follow this tutorial and see if it works properly.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

Looks like client map files differ from generated realms in server.
morgoth
New User

Post by morgoth »

Is there any order to be followed in the generation of realms?
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

morgoth wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:04 pm Is there any order to be followed in the generation of realms?
Nope
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I do believe you need to at least generate Felucca (map0).
Mykola
New User

Post by Mykola »

morgoth wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:31 pm Servidor Core (99) instalado usando a ModernDistro. Quando entro no mundo o personagem não consegue andar. Como resolvo esse problema?

[Translation posted by Yukiko:
Server Core (99) installed using the Moderndistro. When I enter the world, the character cannot walk. How do I resolve this issue?]
I have same problem.Server Core (99) Using UOML ....2 day`s trying everything, buy when i walking i have same block, but on chart nothing ((((
using this distro - FANTASIA-DISTRO-099-2018-07-08
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

If you are using the FANTASIA-DISTRO-099-2018-07-08 script set then that could be your problem. That was a buggy set of scripts and should have never been promoted as the Distro. It is no longer officially supported by the POL Distro team.

The Classic Distro which can be found on the Downloads page is the most stable Distro. The Modern Distro is still a work in progress. It needs some testing, especially the crafting system and some of its features are not yet implemented. I am still waiting on new things to be added to the POL Core which will enable us to continue work on the Modern Distro.