ModernDistro change

For posting bug reports and fixes for scripts in the POL distro.
Not for discussion of third party script releases, or core bugs.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

gh0sterZA
Neophyte Poster

ModernDistro change

Post by gh0sterZA »

with the items moving to walkon package there are some left-overs in the /config/itemdesc.cfg file that still need to be removed

Code: Select all

Warning! objtype 0x3920 : ObjtypeName 'PoisonField_NS' is the same as objtype 0X3914
Warning! objtype 0xEE01 : ObjtypeName 'rescob1' is the same as objtype 0X1EE01
Warning! objtype 0xEE01 : ObjtypeName 'rescob2' is the same as objtype 0X1EE02
Warning! objtype 0xEE01 : ObjtypeName 'rescob3' is the same as objtype 0X1EE03
Warning! objtype 0xEE01 : ObjtypeName 'rescob4' is the same as objtype 0X1EE04
regards
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: ModernDistro change

Post by Yukiko »

Thanks. I thought I had found all of them. I appreciate the help.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I fixed the issues you posted. Please get the latest files from the repo and use them because I also changed the ObjType for restile in :walkOn:itemdesc.cfg from 0xEE01 to 0x1EE01 and included in that itemdesc file under the the restile definition the member OldObjType 0xEE01. I need to remove that member in a week so it is not hanging around. I included it so POL will not error out just in case you may have placed restiles with the old ObjType number.

One thing I need to do is locate items that used custom ObjType numbers below 0x10000 because much of the Modern Distro is taken from script sets that did not comply with High Seas or Time of Legends expansions which expanded the client graphic range to 0x7FFF and 0xFFFF respectively.. Finding custom ObjType numbers in the 0x4000 to 0xFFFF range became problematic when I added new items that now exist in the client files between 0x4000 and 0xFFFF.
Bretheren
New User

Post by Bretheren »

I wasn't able to use dye tubs as a player, which as far as I can tell was due to the script location in the item files, I've changed both dye tubs to this:

Item 0xFAB
{
Name dyetub
Desc dye tub
VendorSellsFor 200
VendorBuysFor 50
script dyetub/use
dyeable 1
}

Item 0x1B10F
{
Name furnituretub
Desc furniture dye tub
graphic 0xFAB
script furnituretub/use
dyeable 1
VendorSellsFor 200
VendorBuysFor 50
}
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thank you. I will make the changes in the repo. There might be issues with the furniture dye tub on certain furniture items. I think it looks for a CProp on furniture that is dyeable. Hehe to be honest I cannot remember at the moment for sure how it determines what can be dyed. If you find any more issues please post them. I need all the help I can get :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Hmm... furniture dye tubs should have worked with the :miscellaneous: pkg name preceding the furnituretub/use but I made your change to that anyway. It's probably better for portability anyway should someone want to move the items and use scripts to a different pkg.

I forgot the leading ':' on the regular dyetub Script definition. So I added your changes to that as well.

Thanks again for your help.