Essence UCS

Here you can post about UO Tools not specific to POL, but to the UO Client. This includes map editors, custom clients, mul editors (except UOFiddler, use it's forum), and so on.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Essence UCS

Post by Yukiko »

Thank you for your quick reply.

I was thinking maybe some of the English translation could be done using the cliloc for English but because you have customized so much of the interface the clilocs probably don't contain the proper messages.

Anyway, I did register on your forums as Yukiko so hopefully at some time in the near future I'll PM you for a copy of Essense UCS. I have so much to do right now that I don't think I would be able to give Essense UCS the time it deserves.
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

Yukiko wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 pmI was thinking maybe some of the English translation could be done using the cliloc for English but because you have customized so much of the interface the clilocs probably don't contain the proper messages.
Seems it have place some misunderstanding, interface you have seen is just an example what you can do with client powered by UCS. Client interface that you have seen in videos before was designed and drawn specialy for Quintessence project, which I'm developing. It's not part of UCS, and was shown here as real life example of UCS usage. UCS don't containt any graphics, sounds and so on, it only allows to change many things in client, by tons of configs. All configs contain help and description in comments on english. UCS also allows to replace some hardcoded text and messages and support multilanguage translation, so UCS will get values depending on selected language. Just videos was made from clinet using russian translation. I know wide part of uo community don't know russian language at all, but I have no choice as english tanslation wasn't finished (again, here i speak about Quintessence, not UCS).
Once more UCS isn't plug and play, it will not give you any usable and positive results after deploying client it just allowed you to change many things.
Yukiko wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:19 pmAnyway, I did register on your forums as Yukiko so hopefully at some time in the near future I'll PM you for a copy of Essense UCS. I have so much to do right now that I don't think I would be able to give Essense UCS the time it deserves.
Ok, after updating webserver software appeared some problems with using tags on thise forum. I'll try to fix it, but for now if you see empty posts\pm just remove tags.
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

Preview of UO: Quintessence Line Of Sight (LoS) implementation and a foliage drawing fix. It is an early preview, so an implementation algorithm in the video presents several bugs. LoS visualization and fixes were implemented using the UCS (Ultima Client Shell) project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyC71wQ ... Te&index=9
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

New FoV system. Along the way, all previously known bugs of the LoS system were fixed, and it itself was improved and optimized. A major change was that now LoS and FoV behavior are controlled by the server, which allows use of these systems directly in the game process. The video demonstrates the behavior of various helmets, but it will also be affected by the stats, perks, effects of potions and spells, and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPoBTN ... e&index=10
Last edited by StaticZ on Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

StaticZ wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:57 pm New FoV system. Along the way, all previously known bugs of the LoS system were fixed, and it itself was improved and optimized. A major change was that now LoS and FoV behavior are controlled by the server, which allows use of these systems directly in the game process. The video demonstrates the behavior of various helmets, but it will also be affected by the stats, perks, effects of potions and spells, and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPoBTNU...e&index=10
link is broken
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

RusseL wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:26 am link is broken
Fixed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPoBTN ... e&index=10
guialtran
Grandmaster Poster

Post by guialtran »

very good!
Unfortunately you do not provide the source code.
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

Sure, it's impossible to speak about protection for opensource project. And protocol and client data protection is one of the main task of these project.

Besides, belive me, not you or some one else will do something with them. Only in case if our or some other server where used this project becomes very popular some one can remember about sources to remove protection and add some cheats )
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I guess Essence is not an open source project.
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

Yes
guialtran
Grandmaster Poster

Post by guialtran »

Did you know that the injection code is open net?
I have the code here myself.

You do not want to share with others, this is the truth.

I'm sorry, if I were to spend my time on something like this, I'd rather use the orion client, because they provide me with all open source code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpyAOPK2VYo

good luck! with your project.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Actually I am not sure if Essence can be implemented with POL. I think it requires some editing of the server source code and from what it appears it's not minor code editing. My observations and information is only what I have seen in the videos and what I can glean from StaticZ's comments in this thread. If not that it would require extensive scripting if scripts can even do what Essence needs to work.
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

guialtran wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 pmDid you know that the injection code is open net?
It don't take care about protection, and I do.
guialtran wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 pmYou do not want to share with others, this is the truth.
I work on this project first of all for my own shard and I spend much time for adding support for different shards and creating complex protection system which restrict access even from owner of one shard to client of another one. All this was done just for share it with other shards who will be interested. So sure I don't whant share ))
guialtran wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:22 pmI'd rather use the orion client, because they provide me with all open source code.
Sure, if you whant modify code for yourself or dont know or understand why you have to use UCS then you haven't use it at all. And Orion is better alternative for most servers.
Yukiko wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:15 pmActually I am not sure if Essence can be implemented with POL. I think it requires some editing of the server source code and from what it appears it's not minor code editing.
Sure some features requires to edit protocol or core code for example for los\fov (thow it can work without server moddification, but in this case this option is useless). But UCS is optional you can turn off most of all features and you can custumize most of them, thow if you are not ready to change server code you will never get all power of all features.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

For someone who wants to use it and who knows how to program in C++ it might be something that can be played with. The problem is that we don't know exactly what is required to make Essence work. What needs modified. Anyway I don't have enough time right now to try to attempt to make it work. If anyone wants to try please let us know what you have to do with POL to get it working.
guialtran
Grandmaster Poster

Post by guialtran »

I would love to have access to the code, but probably if I did, I do not think I would use it anyway.

your project greatly modifies the client which I think is more feasible to create a new game using unity3d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG9HSGj9YhQ

Does your program do something similar?
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

Yukiko wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:04 amFor someone who wants to use it and who knows how to program in C++ it might be something that can be played with.
As my code interact with original one many things are written in Assembler and reading and understanding all this code requires not only knowladge of language, but knowledge of original client code and architecture. For example class inherited from class in original code or simple manuppulation with stack somewhere in client. Besides while developing I take care about code protection not its cleanness. So sources will atrack only persons who decide to remove\break protection.
Thow I have concept of plugins on C#, based on API which allows to interact with client and shell logic. But as prohect in unpopular I dont rush with this. Same reason why I stopped support clients lower 7.0.18.0. Yes They still can be run but all new features not supported.
Yukiko wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:04 amlet us know what you have to do with POL to get it working.
Nothing at all, thow not all so good and it takes rather much time to prepair client and it's data and config UCS itself. As incorect configs most often simply caused client to crash. Also you have to understand I made it not for users but for shards developers, and its main purporse is giving more abbilities for customizing client. And if you not interesting in them and look on this just on launcher which allow to encrease fps and game window size, then something like Orion is better alternative for you.

guialtran wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 pmDoes your program do something similar?
It depends how to look on this. By sight of player no, by sight of developer - yes. All I see on video is just level designed, yes its nice, yes artist done good job, but I dont see any logic or concept there at all. Possibly you mean Unity itself, but compair pro engine on which worked tons of people with work made by one person isn't very correct.
Besides it can be strange for you but I and many others love and prefer pixel art and 2d graphics. I don't like much 3d games and graphics.
guialtran
Grandmaster Poster

Post by guialtran »

3D tools allow you to reduce the level of detail, making it possible to create 2d images at runtime.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I wish I had more time to look at Essence but currently I am trying to make the Distro more modern and updated. Perhaps I will be able to work with Essence in the future. The only launcher I use is Razor and I use that because I have several "versions" of the Distro and clients that I keep on my pc and Razor allows switching between them easier :)
Duttones
Apprentice Poster

Post by Duttones »

I had some time using Essence UCS and the customisation is amazing. Different of RunUO or ServUO it is easily to implement with POL, since handling packets is easier (in my PoV at least).

The only counter of the program is that it doesn't support UOP files. For me is a big lose of features since Broadsword is doing an amazing job with the last updates. It means you will lose something around 30 new monsters, a lot of new clothes and armor and the Gorgoyle Race too.

For many that use old clients it is not a problem. And for those who run a roleplay shard the customisation can be more attractive.

Just sharing my point of view. :P
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

Duttones wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:44 am The only counter of the program is that it doesn't support UOP files. For me is a big lose of features since Broadsword is doing an amazing job with the last updates. It means you will lose something around 30 new monsters, a lot of new clothes and armor and the Gorgoyle Race too.
UCS worked with clients up to 7.0.23.1. All SA and HS clients (7.0.x) supports uop animation where present Gorgoyle Race with all equipment. At this moment all you lose is some special holiday tiles and content from ToL extension. As for me from technical and gameplay side it's one of the worse extensions. But I don't see any problems to add all new content from ToL to any HS client if you wish, thow sure it will take time.

Since the project is not popular, I care less and less about the unwanted support of old clients (ML and SA) and focused on HS clients up to 7.0.23.1...

And if forget about content of mul files and think what was changed in client itself we understand that it have also many unplesant changes, for example there are no more shadows (say thanks to Gorgoyles), tile sorting was breaked and looks awful as in times of 1.x - 2.x clients and much more is not so obvious bad. Sure in normal case we could belive that all will be fixed and improved in future, but in fact OSI not interested in classic client. OSI only support it and hope that it will die as soon as possible and all will play on enchant client. Thats why they not interested in it improvment and developing. Sure there are and some positive improvments, like smooth ship movment. As you can see today's progress in the development of the client is contradictory...
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

In the meantime, while a new gump system is being tested, Arcomage is born. Contrary to UO's original gump system, current work partly supports real-time gump update, which does not need restart of a gump as original client requires it, and which transpires in a 'flicker effect'. Besides, given system works together with partial screen update, thus lowering CPU load and provides access to the events of clicking right mouse button's wheel. Currently supports clipping, animation, manual rendering, as well as new set of controls, such as control of scroll bars. All this is a priceless contribution to many future systems, which will be added to UO: Quintessence to create an extraordinary roleplaying experience. As for the Acromage itself, it is a well-known side-product of classic Might and Magic series but at the same time is not solely limited to M&M environment. You can play Acromage both with NPC controller, as well as against another player, or even with yourself!

[MEDIA=youtube]fjMgevSOV7Y[/MEDIA]

UO: Quintessence - Arcomage \ Gump API
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

Version 0.15.0205 released!!

List of all changes:
  •  Error #416: Incorect scene drawing with changed drawing range
  •  Error #419: Some options in uoptions.ecd[AddOptions] failes to find default value for override
  •  Error #421: Set uoptions.ecd[ConfigFile]$enabled: OFF cause crashing
  •  Error #425: Breaked validation (wrong messages: Duplicated item for entry in Containers section)
  •  Error #443: ECD parser failed in some scenarios
  •  Error #447: Improve stability (fixed memory allocation bugs)
  •  Error #449: Loading guard don't work correct
  •  Feature #246: Ability to add custom mounts past ML clients
  •  Feature #415: Possibility to customize list of fonts in UNIFONT elements in options
  •  Feature #417: Override unifonts height (helpfull for adding custom fonts)
  •  Feature #418: Allow to use any font in ToolTips
  •  Feature #422: Add new way to override UserLanguageCodeString option
  •  Feature #423: Allow to show client restart notice with own UCS option
  •  Feature #424: Replace line height for tooltips (required for using custom fonts)
  •  Feature #426: Hide invisible Foliage tiles (for example if character under land)
  •  Feature #434: Protocol extension API
  •  Feature #435: Implemet FoV support for LoS
  •  Feature #436: Add support for controling LoS by server
  •  Feature #437: New option - Inertness shading for LoS
  •  Feature #438: Improve shadows colors for LoS
  •  Feature #439: LoS implementation
  •  Feature #440: Add suspend mode
  •  Feature #441: Custom gump extension API
  •  Feature #442: Acromage minigame
  •  Feature #444: add ability for playing sound
  •  Feature #445: Add void keys for *.ecd
  •  Feature #446: Implement memory manager and memory profile
  •  Feature #448: Add customizable main menu bar
  •  Miscellaneous #420: Move mainconf.ecd[UOConfigFile] section to uoptions.ecd[ConfigFile]
  •  Miscellaneous #451: Add option for forcing patch session terminate after each patch
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I am curious StaticZ why Essence was open source until 2015 and then it went closed source. I could understand if it was closed to begin with you might want to keep it closed but it started open. Your argument that you are afraid of hacking does not make sense. Linux is open source. Apache is open source. I could list at least 10 major Internet "infrastructure" projects that are open source and those projects are much more important to hackers. Why is it they have not closed their projects?

As I said if it had started closed it makes sense to me why you would want to keep it that way but I do not understand closing an already open project.

Anyway, I was curious.
StaticZ
Neophyte Poster

Post by StaticZ »

Where you got such information and where you found source code? It was never been opened source.

Linux and so on created for personal usage. It's not as a part of some service, so this is bad example. Sure you can found many facts, but just think how to deny players to use cheats like client data patches or macro tools like razor and so on? Yes sure anything can be hacked, but doing such things without sources is much more diffuclt and requires much more time, experience and wish.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I found the original Overview and source code using Google. I am including screen shots of the web pages below. Granted the GitHub repo has not had any commits or modifications since 2017 but apparently it was open source up until 2017-08-16. The last change was made by StaticZ, I assume that would be you.

Here is the link to the original Source Forge repo. It says right there "Brought to you by staticz".
https://sourceforge.net/projects/essence-udk/

Here is the GitHub link to clone the repo:
git://github.com/svn2github/essence-udk.git

If people just want to download the source they can use this link:
UO Essense Source as of 2017-08-16 ZIP file.

I just cloned the repo using the link above. So it is still active as of the time I wrote this post which is 4:50 PM Central (US) Daylight Saving Time on 2018-05-24.

On the overview page your name along with Xen and others appears:
"Developers: Makaveli, StaticZ, Thalassa, Valorian, zed
Developers-old: Minux, StaticZ, Xen".
Overview page:
http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/essence-udk
Screen shot:

HTTP map of the repo page:
http://dev.uoquint.ru/projects/essence-udk/repository
Screen shot:

I have to post this in 2 separate posts due to a limitation on the number of URLs a post can contain.
So this is post number 1.