Speedhack

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

Hejhola
New User

Speedhack

Post by Hejhola »

reetings guys, few moments ago i show you our server which running on POL with big problem - SPEEDHACK. Player is capable to set speed what he want (1,5x or 5,0x) anything he want - higher speed shutdown server. Speedhack work great with mount or even without. So we would like to know where is problem. Modified files? External program? Probably it should be about editing file and it should work with every client. Do someone know where is problem? Please give me any advice how fix it. Thank you very very much. Sever isn't big and this shouldn't something really new and thing which couldn't be possible for many years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkHZfYjlFSw
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Speedhack

Post by Yukiko »

At some point in POL's development, probably POL 098.2, Turley implemented speed hack prevention. In servspecopt.cfg there are 5 settings for this. If you are using POL 098.2 or later and your servspectopt.cfg file located in the main config directory does not have these settings you can copy and paste them from the example below. If you want to enable speed hack prevention set SpeedhackPrevention to 1. The other settings can be changed but you should be warned, and you are warned, if you change them you do it at your own risk.

Code: Select all

#
# SpeedhackPrevention - 1/0 (default 0)
# chr priv "speedhack" disables Speedhack Prevention for chr
SpeedhackPrevention=0

#
# SpeedHack_MountRunDelay	default 80 ms
# SpeedHack_MountWalkDelay	default 180 ms
# SpeedHack_FootRunDelay		default 180 ms
# SpeedHack_FootWalkDelay	default 380 ms
#
# Change them on your own risk
SpeedHack_MountRunDelay=80
SpeedHack_MountWalkDelay=180
SpeedHack_FootRunDelay=180
SpeedHack_FootWalkDelay=380
RusseL
Forum Regular

Post by RusseL »

Yukiko wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:27 pm At some point in POL's development, probably POL 098.2, Turley implemented speed hack prevention. In servspecopt.cfg there are 5 settings for this. If you are using POL 098.2 or later and your servspectopt.cfg file located in the main config directory does not have these settings you can copy and paste them from the example below. If you want to enable speed hack prevention set SpeedhackPrevention to 1. The other settings can be changed but you should be warned, and you are warned, if you change them you do it at your own risk.
Few years ago i experimented with those parameters and core speedhackprevention, and i must say it doesn't work for me. My players were able to use speedhack no matter which delays i set. :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thanks RusseL. I have never tested the speed hack prevention in POL.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

A long time ago I posted a scripted speedhack solution with packethooks in POL096. When used on a live shard, it caused a lot of lag since it was a lot of processing in critical scripts that were called every step for every user. Not sure how much impact on CPU it would have today since computers are a ton more powerful. Here's the thread where we were discussing it viewtopic.php?t=1053
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thank you CEO.