Announcing the POL Configurator!

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Announcing the POL Configurator!

Post by Yukiko »

Please note the version history has been moved to the end of this post, for anyone who is interest of reading it.

This is the current version.
Download the POL Configurator here and give it a try. It is a portable program. I am currently not providing an installer.

A new version is available and as this new version brings with it some other news about the POL Configurator, I am posting the version information here rather than later.

This is version 6.0.0.0 of the POL Configurator. There was an issue when adding an external program to the launcher, the program location could be left empty which caused an exception. This has been fixed.

New Features
I have added a welcome tab. I also made some minor changes to the user interface. Basically, I made the group boxes a darker grey.
For those using the Configurator on screens with a resolution less than 1080p, I think I finally fixed the issue of missing scroll bars. So now you should be able to get to all of the buttons to set the directories etc.

In addition to the usage instructions displayed in the Instructions tab, there are also documentation files in the Documentation folder in the Configurator’s main folder. They are in both ODT and PDF format. The benefit of these files is that they contain screenshots of the interface. The in-program memo field does not allow me to insert pictures.
On the Facet Generation tab, selecting your expansion will now
1. Set the appropriate map size, eg. pre-Mondain’s Legacy or post-Mondain’s Legacy.
The map size can still be manually changed if desired.
2. Set the appropriate Art Tile ID maximum on the Server Settings tab.
3. Set the proper UOFeatureEnable value on the Server Settings tab.
Note: You can still enable or disable NPC popup menus on the Server Settings tab.
4. Copy the proper uoconvert.cfg file to the POL root directory.

With this release, The POL Configurator is now open source. It is licensed under the GPL 3 license.
The repository is at https://github.com/Admin-Yukiko/POL-Configurator

You'll forgive a little of self-indulgent pride here. Well, even if you don't forgive it I'm going to have it anyway. :D

This is a project I started 9 years ago. For some reason that I cannot remember I abandoned it and had totally forgotten about it. While I was going down the rabbit hole of deleting old stuff I rediscovered it and decided to resurrect what was then called POL CFG edit. I look at the code and I am amazed that I actually wrote the original program and, all but for a few bugs, it did what it was supposed to do.

It originally was just a graphical user interface (GUI) to configure pol.cfg. When I brought it back into development I decided to give it the ability to load and edit more than just pol.cfg. So I added servspecopt.cfg and combat.cfg to its repertoire along with a tiny file named watch.cfg. I was going to have tabs for each file but then I had an idea. I would split the settings up based on their function rather than the files they reside in. I came up with three basic functions, server settings which mostly are hidden from the player, gameplay settings which in some way are most visible to the player, and logging and error reporting.

[EDIT] Now it also handles *.mul file extraction from *.uop files thanks to Eos' fine little utility, generation of tile, landtiles, and multi cfg files, facet (realm) generation, ecompile.cfg settings, and eCompiling scripts. There is also a "POL clean-up" feature that you can use to delete unnecessary files. You'll find that on the eCompile page. It also handles Log-in settings such as server IP addresses and Listeners found in servers.cfg and uoclient.cfg respectively.

Here are screenshots of the seven pages in the Configurator. I just recently added the instructions tab so you don't have to go dig up the text file. Using it is fairly straightforward though.
Instructions.jpg
FacetGen.jpg
FacetGen.jpg
Log-in.jpg
Server.jpg
GamePlay.jpg
LoggingErrorReporting.jpg
Please note that the default settings for the POL Configurator are set to work with POL Core 100.0.0 later versions and client version 7.0.58.12 and later versions, until the UO creators change the Art tile maximum. It may work with POL 099 but such operation is not guaranteed. If you are using an older client you may want to set the Max Art Tile ID on the server settings page to the maximum art tiles of your client. Either 0x3FFF or 0x7FFF.

When you first launch it you will get a pop-up box with a warning notification of which you need to be aware. The warning is repeated at least twice in the instructions and I will repeat it again below.

Note: Upon launching the Configurator it loads the default settings. If you have settings already configured for your server and you want to keep them, first make sure that the Configurator is showing your POL location in the box at the bottom of the form labeled "Location of your POL directory". Then click the "Load My Settings" button. If you fail to do this, upon saving your settings you will change your previous configuration to whatever settings are showing in the Configurator and you will lose the settings that you had prior to using the Configurator.

See how you like it.

[Edit 2022-05-02 - Version 6.0.0.0
Added a "Start in Directory" option and "Clear Start Dir" button to the external programs form.
Added a "Clear Button Data" button to the external programs form. This will clear the form and reset the buton name to empty and close the form.
Added "Ok" button is now disabled until a user selects an external program on the external programs form. Previously it was possible to click "Ok" with no program set. This would have thrown an exception.
The program now prevents an exception if an external program is no longer on the machine or has been moved to a different location. Now it reports "There was a problem running this program." and shows the error.
Optimised the code that runs external programs.]

[Edit 2021-03-04 - Version 5.0.0.0
Now when you load a profile, the POL settings for that profile will be loaded into the Configurator.]

[Edit 2021-03-04 - Version 4.9.0.0
Added new POL 100.0.0 settings to the eCompile Settings and the Server Settings tabs. I also fixed the tab order on a couple of the settings tabs.]

[Edit 2020-06-10 - Version 4.8.6.0
Fixed the Load Profile procedure. It wasn't setting the POLDirName variable. That caused POL to launch in the previous POL directory.
Fixed the Browse (to POL Directory) button. It was not setting the eCompile directory paths.]

[Edit 2020-04-30 - Version bump to 4.8.0.0. Fixed an error that caused the Configurator to see a valid POL directory as invalid. Missing "/" in the 'uoconvert.exe' string. Fixed an issue that caused the Configurator to freeze when using the "Run POL" button. I had inadvertently added [poWaitOnExit] to the TProcess.Options.]

[ Edit 2020-04-23 - Version bump to 4.6.0.0. Added new setting, ShowWarningCursorSequence, to Logging and Error Reporting tab.]

[Edit 2020-04-21 - Version bump to 4.5.0.0.This fixes a major bug. Refactored part of the code that reads in the UOFeatureEnable word. The major bug that was fixed is that the UOFeatureEnable word displayed in the Configurator is now updated as the user checks or unchecks the checkboxes in the Expansion Settings group on the Server Settings page. Previously this did not happen and that introduced a bug. The Configurator writes that word to servspecopt.cfg and it never changed. Now it will be based upon the status of the checkboxes. I assume I had intended to add this to the Configurator and I forgot to.]

[[Edit 2020-04-19 - Version bump to 4.3.0.0. Fixed UseNewHSAFormat setting in the default uoconvert files for pre-HSA expansions. It was set. It needed cleared. Changed name in the expansion drop-down box on the RealGen page for Mondain's Legacy. Changed it to Mondain's Legacy/Age of Shadows. Added missing SSL and TCP/IP packages to the ZIP and installer.]

[Edit 2020-04-02 - Added settings changed event to all settings. The Configurator will now display "Settings Changed" in red above the "Save Settings" button. Prior to this update changing some settings did not trigger the settings changed event. I forgot to increment the version number. So no version bump this time.]

[Edit 2020-03=31 - A new version, 4.2.0.0 is available. In this release, I added the new setting, EnableWorldMapPackets to the Server Settings tab. This allows shard developers to tell POL to handle World Map packets. These are specific to the ClassicUO client.]

[Edit 2020-01-03 - In this release, I added the splitting of the ecompile.log into two different files. When a script compiles with no errors or warnings it gets logged to /log/ecompile.log. If the script has errors or warnings it gets logged to /log/ecompile_error.log. I forgot to increase the version number. So it's the same version]

][Edit 2019-10-16 - I added the new eCompile setting, ErrorOnFileCaseMissmatch. I also added the "Select your expansion" setting to the Facet Generation page. This is used to select the proper uoconvert.cfg file you wish to use to generate the tiles, landtiles, and multis cfg files. The default is Time of Legends.
This is version 4.0.0 of the POL Configurator.]

[Edit 2019-07-30 - There was an update to the LegacyMULConverter that fixed an exception with newer gumpart.uop files. No Configurator version change.]

[Edit 2019-06-21 - Added the new servspecopt setting, CoreIgnoresDefenceCaps, to the Confiogurator. Version number is 3.7.5.0]

[Edit 2019-05-17 - Fixed a few more potential issues with drop-down selection boxes being read/write. A user could modify preset data values required by the Core. Also, the drop-down profile selection box is now read-only as well. A user could have changed the name of a saved profile, potentially causing the Configurator to throw an exception. This is version 3.7.0.0]

[Edit 2019-04-28 - Added the new setting LoginServerTimeout to the login Settings page. Version number is now 3.6.0.0.]

[Edit 2019-04-23 - Fixed an issue when selecting the package path on the eCompile page. It was inserting a leading forward slash in the file path. No version change this time.]

[Edit 2019-03-18 - Fixed some issues with the combo boxes for servers and listeners that were still throwing exceptions. Also fixed some issues with group box contents not being enabled for various settings that affected those contents such as the Decay Settings group box. If the Allow items to decay checkbox is checked the associated setting should be enabled. They were not but that has been fixed. There were a few other group boxes that were affected. The version has been increased to 3.5.0.0]

[Edit 2019-03-10 - Fixed a couple of things that would kick an exception on the Log-in Settings page. Specifically, these dealt with the log-in servers and listeners settings. Version 3.4.0.0]

[Edit 2019-03-10 - Changed the two settings, HideWarningGump and HideWarningItem, to ShowWarningGump and ShowWarningItem.]

[Edit 2019-03-04 - Removed two (2) deprecated settings from the defaultpol.cfg file that ships with the Configurator. Those settings are: Keyfile and Multithread. No version change to the POL Configurator as the program was not affected.]

[Edit 2019-02-24 - Added the two new settings, HideWarningGump and HideWarningItem, to the Logging and Reporting page. Version 3.1.0.0]

[Edit 2018-12-28 - Fixed an issue with the way a missing uoclient.cfg file was handled. Version 3.0.6.0]

[Edit: 2018-12-27 - Removed a debug message that appears when selecting a server on the Log-in Settings page. Fixed an issue with the UO Expansion selection that was not adjusting the Max Art tile ID and the UOFeatureEnable byte value properly. This is version 3.0.5.0]

[Edit: 2018-12-26 - There was an issue that only occurred if you were missing or needed to replace your watch.cfg file with the default watch.cfg file. This has been fixed and the hosted files, installer and ZIP, have been updated. Please note that the version number is the same for this update. This is an issue with the Lazarus compiler. It is supposed to automatically increment the version build number but it does not do it and I forgot to manually increment it :P ]

[Edit: 2018-12-16 - The ZIP and installer files in this post has been updated to version 3.0.3.0. The screenshots in this post are now obsolete. See the documentation in the Documentation folder inside the Configurator installation directory for new pictures. This revision fixes a couple of issues with version 3.0.0.0. Previously if you clicked on the Load Profile button prior to saving any profiles the Configurator would throw an exception error. The other issue fixed has to do with editing an external program button. Sometimes erroneous information was placed in the edit window's text fields. It is supposed to put the name you gave to the program in the name text box and the location of the program in the location text box. Which it does now.]

[Edit: This is a bug fix release. The POL Configurator was writing an incorrect setting to watch.cfg. This release on 2018-09-22 fixes this bug. The link further down is updated. Fortunately, watch.cfg is not a critical file but it needs to be written correctly. Your watch.cfg file will have erroneous settings if you used a version of the Configurator prior to this release. To fix your watch.cfg file, open /pol/config/watch.cfg in an editor. Delete the current contents of the file. Paste the following into the file and save it. That's it.

Code: Select all

#
# If Combat is set to 1, information regarding combat damage, hits, and misses, etc will be printed.
# Default is 0
#
Combat=0

#
# If ProfileScripts is set to 1, profiling information will be printed when any script exits.
# Default is 0
#
ProfileScripts=0

Thanks to ThisIsMe for finding this error. My apologies for any inconvenience. I also revised the instructions a bit.]

[Edit: New version 1.7.0.1 Released 2018-08-14 - Added the new setting in ecompile.cfg, NumberOfThreads. Also fixed an error in one of the tooltips.]

[Edit: New version 1.7.0.0 Released 2018 -05-06 - Fixed the "Run POL" button on the eCompile page. Originally the two buttons to launch POL were to operate differently. The "Test Launch POL" button launched POL from a batch file. This was to keep the command line window open so you could see any errors if POL stopped running prematurely. You would need to press the 'Y' key and <enter> to exit and close the command window. The other button was supposed to run POL without a batch file, closing the command line window when POL stopped running. For some reason I made that button behave just like the "Test Launch POL" button. I finally got around to fixing that for this release.]
xeon
Forum Regular

Re: Announcing the POL Configurator!

Post by xeon »

Hahahahahaha you're awesome Yukiko
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thank you Xeon. I will admit that for an average programmer I am both kind of proud of the programme. But more than that, I am amazed that I wrote it :D

There are so many things I want to add to it but I have to learn some new concepts and that takes time.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

On a side note I wish building gumps and accessing their returned values was as easy as building GUI interfaces and accessing their values is.
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

Can't be more in agreement
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

*looks around*
*whispers to Xeon*
There might be a "major" update to the Configurator coming soon. Don't tell anyone. :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

The next release is being beta tested by at least one person at the moment. If he can keep up with my bug fix releases that is.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

For me it's the same as before, a can not run realmgen or ecompile because of it can't recognize ecompile or uoconvert as system commands :(
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I see you are running an alpha version of ConEmu. I don't know if that is causing the problem with eCompile and uoconvert but it could be. So I would suggest downloading the stable version of ConEmu from their website. They make a portable version if you don't want to install it. Try the stable version with the new copy of the beta version of the Configurator that I sent you via PM. Then do the following:

First make a brand new copy of your original, working POL installation for testing purposes. Do NOT test on your original POL installation!

Second check to make sure uoconvert.exe is present in your new duplicate POL root folder and that ecompile.exe is present in the scripts folder. I know it sounds lame but it is possible that they are not there for some reason.

Third, install the latest build of the POL Configurator that I PMed you. This time I sent the installer instead of just the EXE for testing so it will make sure you have the latest version of all the files.

Fourth, run the Configurator and make sure the scroll bar is present. After some effort I managed to find a 720p monitor to test it on and it worked for me.

Fifth, set the "Location of your POL directory" to the root of your POL installation and the "Location of your UO installation" to the root directory of your installed UO client.

Sixth, go to the eCompile tab and click on the big button labelled "Use POL root" located near the top middle of the page.

Seventh, as you are using a copy of your POL installation, click on the "Save Settings" button at the bottom of the window.

Eighth, check all of the check boxes under "POL clean-up" EXCEPT "Remove Custom" then click the button "Remove all selected file types".

Ninth, click on the "Compile modified Scripts and send output to the console." button. If you get the error that "ecompile is not recognized as an internal or external command" try running the Configurator in the normal Windows shell. If you still get the error send me a PM and let me know.

If all goes well at this point continue testing the other features of the POL Configurator and please PM me with the results.

Thanks for helping.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

Scroll is working also it seams that running cmds also works fine. But I can not perform ecompile because od my ecompile.cfg looks like:

##
## ecompile.cfg: must be in the same directory as ecompile.exe
##

#
# ModuleDirectory: Location of *.em files
#
=0

#
# IncludeDirectory: Location of *.inc files, if not found relative
#                   or with a specified package
#
=0

#
# PolScriptRoot: Location of "::file" includes
#
=0

#
# PackageRoot: root directories where packages are stored
#              This can be specified multiple times.
#
=0

#
# Default ecompile options
#

#
# GenerateListing
# Generates *.lst files that contain program counter and
# instyructions being executed at the program counter
# location. Useful for debugging misbehaving scripts.
# Default is 0
#
GenerateListing=0

#
# GenerateDebugInfo
# Directs eCompile to generated a special *.dbg file.
# Default is 0
#
GenerateDebugInfo=0

#
# GenerateDebugTextInfo
# Default is 0
#
GenerateDebugTextInfo=0

#
# DisplayWarnings
# Directs eCompile to display warnings such as 'unused variables'.
# Default is 1
#
DisplayWarnings=0

#
# CompileAspPages
# Directs eCompile to compile Active Server Pages
# Default is 1
#
CompileAspPages=1

#
# AutoCompileByDefault
# If set, and you don't pass any script names or use switches -r or -A, will perform an auto compile.
# Default is 1
#
AutoCompileByDefault=0

#
# UpdateOnlyOnAutoCompile
# If set, autocompile will only update modified scripts.
# Default is 1
#
UpdateOnlyOnAutoCompile=0

#
# OnlyCompileUpdatedScripts
# Compile only updated scripts (.src newer than .ecl)
# Default is 1
#
OnlyCompileUpdatedScripts=0

#
# DisplaySummary
# Displays overall totals after compilation, unless compilation aborted due to a compile error.
# Default is 1
#
DisplaySummary=0

#
# GenerateDependencyInfo
# Generate .dep files whether or not updating.
# Default is 0
#
GenerateDependencyInfo=0

#
# 
# Display the 'xxx/script.ecl is up-to-date' message, or not.
# Default is 0
#
DisplayUpToDateScripts=0

#
# OptimizeObjectMembers
# Default is 1
#
OptimizeObjectMembers=0

#
# ErrorOnWarning
# Treat warnings just like errors.
# Default is 0
#
ErrorOnWarning=0

#
# ThreadedCompilation
# Uses multiple threads to speed up compilation.
# Default is 0
#
ThreadedCompilation=0

#
# ParanoiaWarnings
# Forces eCompile to complain about {} syntax.
# Default is 0
#
ParanoiaWarnings=0
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

So you followed my instructions and your ecompile.cfg looks like that? I know if you saved the default settings and didn't load your settings, which would have loaded the corrupted ecompile.cfg, it should look exactly like the 'defaultecompile.cfg' file that is in the POL Configurator install directory. I just copied your corrupted ecompile.cfg settings to my ecompile.cfg, saved the file, loaded the Configurator, made sure all my directories were set proper in the text boxes at the bottom of the program window. Then I clicked on the big button on the eCompile page marked "Use POL Root". Then saved the settings and loaded the ecompile.cfg and this is what mine showed:

##
## ecompile.cfg: must be in the same directory as ecompile.exe
##

#
# ModuleDirectory: Location of *.em files
#
ModuleDirectory=D:\Distro\scripts\modules

#
# IncludeDirectory: Location of *.inc files, if not found relative
#                   or with a specified package
#
IncludeDirectory=D:\Distro\scripts

#
# PolScriptRoot: Location of "::file" includes
#
PolScriptRoot=D:\Distro\scripts

#
# PackageRoot: root directories where packages are stored
#              This can be specified multiple times.
#
PackageRoot=D:\Distro\pkg
PackageRoot=D:\Distro\devpkg

#
# Default ecompile options
#

#
# GenerateListing
# Generates *.lst files that contain program counter and
# instyructions being executed at the program counter
# location. Useful for debugging misbehaving scripts.
# Default is 0
#
GenerateListing=0

#
# GenerateDebugInfo
# Directs eCompile to generated a special *.dbg file.
# Default is 0
#
GenerateDebugInfo=0

#
# GenerateDebugTextInfo
# Default is 0
#
GenerateDebugTextInfo=0

#
# DisplayWarnings
# Directs eCompile to display warnings such as 'unused variables'.
# Default is 1
#
DisplayWarnings=1

#
# CompileAspPages
# Directs eCompile to compile Active Server Pages
# Default is 1
#
CompileAspPages=1

#
# AutoCompileByDefault
# If set, and you don't pass any script names or use switches -r or -A, will perform an auto compile.
# Default is 1
#
AutoCompileByDefault=1

#
# UpdateOnlyOnAutoCompile
# If set, autocompile will only update modified scripts.
# Default is 1
#
UpdateOnlyOnAutoCompile=1

#
# OnlyCompileUpdatedScripts
# Compile only updated scripts (.src newer than .ecl)
# Default is 1
#
OnlyCompileUpdatedScripts=1

#
# DisplaySummary
# Displays overall totals after compilation, unless compilation aborted due to a compile error.
# Default is 1
#
DisplaySummary=1

#
# GenerateDependencyInfo
# Generate .dep files whether or not updating.
# Default is 0
#
GenerateDependencyInfo=1

#
# 
# Display the 'xxx/script.ecl is up-to-date' message, or not.
# Default is 0
#
DisplayUpToDateScripts=0

#
# OptimizeObjectMembers
# Default is 1
#
OptimizeObjectMembers=1

#
# ErrorOnWarning
# Treat warnings just like errors.
# Default is 0
#
ErrorOnWarning=0

#
# ThreadedCompilation
# Uses multiple threads to speed up compilation.
# Default is 0
#
ThreadedCompilation=1

#
# ParanoiaWarnings
# Forces eCompile to complain about {} syntax.
# Default is 0
#
ParanoiaWarnings=0
There is a mistake in the comment about ThreadedCompilation. It should read: # Default is 1
but that wouldn't have an effect on the actual setting. It will be corrected in the regular release of the Configurator.

Is your ecompile.cfg corrupted in your original POL scripts directory? If so it might have been messed up by an earlier build of the Configurator. There was a problem with a build that did write 0 instead of the file paths when writing ecompile.cfg. What you need to do if it is corrupted is copy the defaultecompile.cfg text to your ecompile.cfg file and save it. Make sure you change the path names to match your path names for your POL installation.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I will need to refactor a part of the Configurator before this version goes out of beta testing. For those testing it make sure you are testing on a copy of your POL installation as I directed you to in the beta tester's PM I sent out. Again only beta test the Configurator on a COPY of your POL installation.

The problem arises when you read in your ecompile.cfg file. Writing only the default ecompile, which is loaded at the start of the program, does not corrupt ecompile.cfg. In reviewing the code I determined that the problem still exists when reading the cfg file from your POL directory because early on the Configurator was designed to look for an equals symbol between setting names and values. ecompile.cfg used a space between setting names and values. This caused the program to be unable to get the proper settings and thus the corruption occurred. All other cfg files that the program currently parses use the equals symbol as a delimiter.

If you simply save the defaults without loading your cfg files no corruption occurs. It's only when you load your cfgs that ecompile, and only ecompile, cfg gets corrupted. So for now all beta testers should only work with the default settings. Save settings after confirming directories are set properly.

If you follow the steps in my above post no corruption to ecompile.cfg will occur but as I said I have to fix this one issue before I officially release the latest version so that people who wish to keep their settings in other files can load them in and have no fear of corrupting ecompile.cfg.

Please note that the version linked to at the top of this thread does NOT have this issue. It doesn't handle compiling or eCompile's settings.

And one other note. When I ask for beta testers to PM me with their testing results please use PMs to report back to me your experiences.
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Post by boberski »

I delete old ecompile.cfg and restart configurator and it is working now :)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

That's great news.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

The new version of the POL Configurator is now available. See the top of this thread for new screenshots. There are 2 new tabs of functionality. Please let me know how you like it and if you have any questions.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

[bump post to keep this near the top]
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Updated POL Configurator is now available.
Nothing critical was changed. Some cosmetic changes and code cleanup.

I cleaned up the interface.
Changes made:
There were some misaligned check boxes. Fixed.

Some buttons were too narrow hiding part of the captions. Fixed.

The large "Use POL root" button on the eCompile page was removed.

Browsing to and selecting your POL directory now prepends the POL root to the package directories in the "Package Root Directory (ies)" list box. That was the only reason the large button mentioned above had been present and to be honest I can't remember why I had not just prpended to POL root to the package root directories in the first place.

Changed the defaultpol.cfg file setting MaxTileID setting to 0xFFFF to be compatible with the latest UO expansion, Time of Legends.

Cleaned up the code. Proceduralized loading of config files which removed maybe 300 lines of code. During development I had individual config file loaders for both times I load default configuration files and loading of the user's configuration files. Now they are handled by one procedure.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I found a "small" error in the POL Configurator. The Malas facet (realm) was built with too small of a Y dimension. It is fixed now in the files available in the original post at the top of this thread.

If you used the Configurator to build your facets (realms) then you need to rebuild the Malas facet again.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

There is an update to the POL Configurator. Please use the links in the original post to get the update.

Bug fixes:
Fixed a bug with Compile All Scripts and Send Output to ecompile.log" functionality. This was supposed to continue compiling even if eCompile encountered errors but it would stop on errors. It wasn't.

Fixed a bug that prevented the "Build the selected cfg files" from being enabled after extracting the the MUL files from the UOP files.
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

I would suggest to put it in GitHub on the Polserver repo
https://github.com/polserver
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

By the way, I tried it, I select my POL folder and seems ok for him
But when I click "load my config" I get an "File not found - Press ok ... or ignore..." error
What files does it want?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

When it loads your config files it looks in the POL root for pol.cfg, in \config for combat.cfg, servspecopt.cfg, servers.cfg, watch.cfg, and in \scripts for ecompile.cfg.

I will double check and make sure I didn't create another bug with my update :P
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

Ah that's why. My ecompile.cfg is named a little differently, to handle multiplatform development :) Copide and renamed it and it's all ok.

One suggestion, read also servspecopt.local.cfg , bulk of configurations according to doc should stay there
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Hmm. I missed that in the docs. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

The way I handle config settings is by category rather than each individual file. So I will have to read the servspecopt.cfg first then look for servspecopt.local.cfg and if present read those settings which will replace any read in from servspecopt.cfg. Then when saving out the files, if the local file is present, then save to that file. Do you think I should save the settings that were set in servspecopt.local.cfg to the servspecopt.cfg file as well?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Now that I think about it I wonder why the other server settings files do not have that option as well? I am thinking specifically of the files I handle but there are others that are in the Distro that I have not yet added to the Configurator that might fall into the category of "files that you don't want the Distro to over write" but I guess this could get crazy with the number of "local" files. At least the files I do process, pol , combat, watch, and servers configuration files probably would be files that should have a local file.