Origami

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Origami

Post by ThisIsMe »

Looking to fold useless bits of paper into useless shapes or creatures?

Well look no more, now you and your friends can sit around for hours folding scraps of paper into these useless yet decorative shapes, no skill required!
----

I am running the ToL expansion so there are 4 origami shapes that may not be present for others, those being the Dragon East, Dragon South, Bunny East and Bunny South.

Also, you will unless you want to go in and change my gump slightly, want to update your gump.inc file to the one I include, it is exactly the same except it has two additional functions, one I added:
GFPicTiled - allows you to use tiled images (added by myself)
GFTooltip - Adds to the previous layoutarray entry a Tooltip with the in [cliloc-nr] defined CliLoc entry. (added by Yukiko)

I also utilized cliloc messages where ever possible, it's just becoming more of a habit for me to do that but I comment what each cliloc is.

Finally in terms of the other bits I used, since I am running the "Distro", I used the mounts.inc file to determine if the player is mounted and utility.inc which I believe originally came from WoD, this I will include as well.

As a side note, the gump I create in here is handy for just putting a bunch of items into a gump, no categories, just a simple 4x3 page of items which it grabs from a cfg file specifically to set their x/y offsets inside the gump, if more than 12 items are present within the cfg file it is looking through it will generate additional pages, if you find other used for it feel free to make use of it, I love gumps and want to see more gumps particularly to replace the ugly slider gumps out there, there is probably a better way to do some of this stuff and this is by no means a hugely complicated pkg, just a bit of learning for me and a time waster for some players out there.

Final Note: This is by no means exactly how OSI handles origami, I did not want to have a random system as when you generally set out to do something such as folding a piece of paper, you are aiming for a shape, there is also no fail rates at all as again, these add nothing but decoration to the game.

origami.zip
(9.94 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Origami

Post by boberski »

Kiko can you please add this to distros?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Gumps gumps for everyone! Gumps for the poor. Gumps for the rich, especially the rich. Gumps for all mankind! And Elfkind too. But not for Gargkind! We have to draw the line somewhere.

Make sure you pick-up any scrap pieces of paper. Remember, Sossaria is a fragile eco-system and "every litter bit hurts". (That ought to bring back memories for us old timers who remember those 60s anti-littering TV commercials. That's 1960s for those reading this after 2070 AD.)

I'll add it to the "Distro" tonight. have to make sure it compiles first with the Distro-Alt before I can push it to that uhm... branch? Is that correct Git-speak?
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Both branches have origami. Also added myUtil.inc and utility.inc to the "Distro" in \scripts\include and updated gumps.inc in \pkg\utils\gumps\include to the latest version in the "Distro".