Shard list on POL's Website

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

bodom
Former Developer

Shard list on POL's Website

Post by bodom »

It's some months now since our little project has started and, against any bet (mine first), we are still up and running with a small but very cohesive and warm community.

We have started the shard on a 14 years old POL093 backup, provided with only compiled binaries and saves. Our goal was to keep the shard exactly as it was, with the good old feel of the ZuluHotel golden age, but POL093 was very unstable and kept freezing and crashing daily. After very long days, I managed to decompile the binaries and get the sources back, then finally ported them to the excellent POL095.

We are now running POL097, the POL098 and POL099 ports are ready and will be up as son as they'll get enough testing. I've fixed hundredths of bugs and rewritten a major part of the old code basis, but we still managed to keep everything as it was. We are now about to introduce a brand new word (map) with it's own rules and challenges, still inspired to the 2000's UO; it will take a while but I am sure it will be fun: as far as I know, we'll be the first ZuluHotel to fully implement Ilshenar and the first POL shard to run two (almost) completely separate systems on different maps.

I think time has come to open our little shard to other dreamers from all over the world and that's why we are looking forward to be listed on POL's website. Is that possible?

Thank you

P.S. We are 100% no profit, no adv, free to play. The server is paid with free donations from the players and the staff itself.
bodom
Former Developer

Re: Shard list on POL's Website

Post by bodom »

up :deadhorse:
bodom
Former Developer

Post by bodom »

up, we also have a website now and finally moved to POL099 :)
Harley
Forum Regular

Post by Harley »

I really don't understand, bodom, what do you want? To place your Shard into Shard List at polserver.com ? - Thats easy.
Give us a link, I think it will be interest for all to see your work!
bodom
Former Developer

Post by bodom »

Harley
Forum Regular

Post by Harley »

Status Monitoring
To add status monitoring, your shard must have the internal webserver open and a script that outputs information in an XML format.

Requests will come in with a ?XML=1 query but it is not necessary to support it. Your server will receive a request from here no more than once every sixty seconds.

The necessary XML structure will be
<CONTENT>
<POL>
<ACCOUNTS>ListAccounts().Size()</ACCOUNTS>
<PLAYERAMT>EnumerateOnlineCharacters().Size()</PLAYERAMT>
<VERSION>POLCore().verstr</VERSION>
</POL>
</CONTENT>

For further assistance, please see the example script in the POL distro under scripts/www/serverstats.src
Do you have this file at www?
If no, download it and compile.
After give me link at pm to that file on your shard.