SaveWorldState() Elapsed Seconds Problem.

Bug reports and feature requests. New features can only be added to the current development version. Bug-fixes may be back-ported.

Current release: 099 / Current development: 100
tomtommy
New User

SaveWorldState() Elapsed Seconds Problem.

Post by tomtommy »

Hi all! Elapsed seconds during SaveWorldState() in my server ( running POLCore 099 with latest commits ) were normally 4-6 seconds but from some time the delay is 80-120 seconds :( No machine changes have been done ( connection, hardware ecc. ). When I restart the server only the first or first two saves are regular. Sysload is always < 10%. Even though data files size is smaller than when the elapsed seconds were regular, the situation has worsened.

What could be the reason? How can I optimize it? How can I check the possible problems?

Thanks in advance! :D
xeon
Forum Regular

Re: SaveWorldState() Elapsed Seconds Problem.

Post by xeon »

Try to free up space on the server and to defragment the disk
tomtommy
New User

Post by tomtommy »

xeon wrote:Try to free up space on the server and to defragment the disk
Thanks for the hint Xeon, but it seems not enough :(
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

Mmm what about item count? Maybe some recent script update modified some package or had some item generation loop in it.
If you do not have changed anything else, that's the only possibile reason.
Or, your disks are almost broken, and you should change them as soon as possible!! Check out your system logs, or SMART system status
tomtommy
New User

Post by tomtommy »

xeon wrote:Mmm what about item count? Maybe some recent script update modified some package or had some item generation loop in it.
If you do not have changed anything else, that's the only possibile reason.
Or, your disks are almost broken, and you should change them as soon as possible!! Check out your system logs, or SMART system status
Scripts are ok Xeon, but the HD not. Seq write speed is 5MB/sec :x I've to advise the server administrators lol

Sorry for my useless thread, I thought that it was my problem, not the company, so thanks to your suggestion :shame: