Complete Working World

Open discussion forum. For topics that do not fit anywhere else.

Moderator: POL Developer

Zaksmeer
Grandmaster Poster

Complete Working World

Post by Zaksmeer »

Looking for a working world. I have tried the svn, the distro, event the worlds on here, but I end up running into more problems at every turn. If anyone has a working world that is running either right now or they know works, and would be willing to give me a copy, I would be greatly appreciated.

I am getting to my wit's end.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Complete Working World

Post by Yukiko »

I assume by "working world" you mean a server that includes NPC animal spawns (both forest and city animals), NPC monster spawns (including dungeon and wilderness monsters), NPC vendor spawns, decorations, teleporters and, doors placed. That's my definition of a "working world" anyway. There hasn't been a complete "working world" released since POL 0.95. For a long time after the release of POL 0.96 there had been very little work done on the official Distro scripts. So I ended up just converting the POL 0.95 Distro to to work with the later versions of POL Core and thus was able to use the old world data files to a certain degree. After a few years a complete world was donated by Edwards and adopted by the POL Developers as the "Distro". Unfortunately Edwards didn't release a populated world with his scripts or if he did I must have missed seeing it. I have the data files for the POL 0.95 version of the Distro scripts but there would be issues using the POL 0.95 world data in the current "Distro". One major problem is that the old spawn system is different than the one used in the current "Distro". The data files used for spawns are different between versions. There are probably other things that would cause problems. Hopefully someone will have what you need.

This is an issue that needs to be fixed if POL is expected to attract new users.
Zaksmeer
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Complete Working World

Post by Zaksmeer »

Thanks.

Yes, I need spawn files, skills, magery, everything that I need for a "Working World" to be compatible and working together without any conflicts.

I started out using RunUO because everyone told me it was good to go, minus some file mods. But it was out-of-the-box ready for you to build your own world, without any conflicts.

Hopefully someone can fulfill my request.