Updated binaries.

Here you can post threads specific to the current release of the core (099)

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Updated binaries.

Post by Yukiko »

This topic brings up an important point. Is there any way that someone can update the POL 0.99 binaries in the "Downloads" section semi regularly? It's not an issue for those of us that can compile from the SVN but I feel for the folks who can't. I've thought about just posting updated binaries as I compile the Core from time to time but the real location for that is the downloads section.

Thanks.

Edit 05-29-2013: As I update and post newer revisions of the Windows binaries I will most likely create a new thread but for now revision 626 can be found further down in this thread.
Last edited by Yukiko on Wed May 29, 2013 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Updated binaries.

Post by Yukiko »

Here is the Windows binary compiled from the latest SVN update, Revision 614. Compiled on 12-25-12 at 0655HRS PST.

Merry Christmas!
Attachments
pol-core-Win32-revision_614.zip
POL Core revision 614 Windows binary compiled on 12-25-12.
(3.87 MiB) Downloaded 272 times
xeon
Forum Regular

Post by xeon »

Eheheh Yukiko, here in Italy, we have an old saying, "who does by himself, does for three" :D
Anyway in a little while I'll publish a step by step guide on how to build from SVN using Visual Studio
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Have you read this post? It explains how to compile POL under Windows. I was able to compile the Core using that guide. If I was able to do it with that guide then anyone should be able to. However, there are many people who don't want to install Visual Studio and go through the fun of compiling the Core. They just want to download the server, get the Distro or some set of scripts and make a shard. Since POL, and by "POL" I mean the governing body of developers and those responsible for the project, don't have a live build server that automatically updates the binaries it would be nice if from time to time someone with access rights to the download page would post updated binaries.
kevin
POL Developer

Post by kevin »

hmm... it's about time. i will discuss with other POL devs soon to decide what the future of an offical release candidate for pol99 will be, and go from there.

it's time for an updated binary and RC, because as real as it gets its time to move forward.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I'm speaking from ignorance here but I think there is a way to setup a way to automatically generate new binaries when a change is made to the source isn't there? If so what is involved? If it's too expensive then could the task be assigned to certain developers to create a new binary when they get an eMail from Source Forge that a new submission was made? You'd need to assign it to the appropriate dev for the type of binary, ie. Windows, Linux and BSD. My recommendation is to keep previous versions of the binaries on the site just in case a submitted change breaks something. Just append the revision number after the POL version number, ie. POL_099_rev_614_Windows_Binary.zip.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Well I added the pol.pdb file to the ZIP file but for some odd reason I can't update it in this post. So I am going to make a new post to this thread and see if I can upload it.
Last edited by Yukiko on Fri May 31, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Yukiko you should add pol.pdb in that zip, because its needed to check the possible crash dumps that build gives.
Its in the same dir as pol.exe after compiling the core
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thanks Tomi. I used the dist-2010.sln file to "build" the Core ZIP file. It probably doesn't have that defined as a file to be added to the Core distribution ZIP. I'll see about updating the dist-2010.sln file to include pol.pdb in the list of files and I'll manually add pol.pdb to the file I posted yesterday.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

OK. I am having a problem uploading files to the forums so I have placed the binary ZIP file on my server. It is the latest Windows build from version 626 of the POL Server SVN compiled on 05-29-2013. Download it using this link.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Tomi wrote:Yukiko you should add pol.pdb in that zip, because its needed to check the possible crash dumps that build gives.
Its in the same dir as pol.exe after compiling the core
Well, I admit I don't have a clue how to edit the proper file to make the pol.pdb file get included in the ZIP file that gets created by VS 2010 at the end of building the project. I tried but I must not be as intuitive as I thought I was. Sooo... Tomi maybe you can update the SVN to do that.
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Should be enough to add it to makefile.vc and core.lst in the dist dir, I dont update that to SVN, because its not needed by everyone and can make users more new to Pol confused.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Hahaha

It could make some of us "old-timers" confused as well. I had no idea that pol.pdb existed and if I would have known I wouldn't have known why it existed until you made your post in this thread.