Any Updates?

This is where you can discuss UOFiddler, by Turley.

Moderator: POL Developer

Aplusric
New User

Any Updates?

Post by Aplusric »

Is there any updates or were there ever made to view the Stygian Abyss or High Seas Animations? I have tried using the versions given and none have worked. Was curiuos

Thanks ahead of Time
leracai
New User

Re: Any Updates?

Post by leracai »

I'm almost sure Fiddler does , no? O_o
Aplusric
New User

Post by Aplusric »

Then I must be for the life of me doing something wrong, haha. Which I very well could be? I have tried to view the animations from Stygian and High seas and Cannot view them with fiddler. I can view all the old content and all the old animations though. But with all the added animations of monsters and weapons and stuff I have not been able to view any of it. If there is a way or something I might be doing wrong Can someoen let me know? :)

Thanks again so much! :)
gundamwing84
Grandmaster Poster

Post by gundamwing84 »

there is one possibility, how many versions of Ultima Online have you got installed? if you have more than one installed, open up fiddler, and press the "settings" tab(top left of program), and then go to "path settings". make sure the path is set correctly :)

this is all ofcourse if you have more than one UO installation
Agata
Journeyman Poster

Post by Agata »

Those come in a different file format. UOFiddler doesn't support it yet.
leracai
New User

Post by leracai »

Ohhhh!.... the 7.0.25.0 + or what ever it is , with the new file names >.< my appologies .

Leracai
:D
Aplusric
New User

Post by Aplusric »

Yeah why I was wondering if there were any updates on it! Thank you guys for yuor help though! Very much appreciated!
Agata
Journeyman Poster

Post by Agata »

It's not a 7.0.24.x thing. It comes from way earlier, since Stygian Abyss, which is a 6.x client. No animation from Stygian Abyss or newer can be viewed, and this is because the animations are stored in files with a different format. Since tiles, older animations and other stuff are in the same file formats, there is no problem viewing them.

On the other hand, with client 7.0.24.x, UOFiddler doesn't work at all because the whole file structure was changed and everything moved to the new file format.
Aplusric
New User

Post by Aplusric »

So basicaly,

Unless someone cracks that. we are doomed. lol
AsYlum
Grandmaster Poster

Post by AsYlum »

Well... someone already did that. http://openuo.codeplex.com/ Jeff from runuo is maintaining ultimaSDK with new *.UOP read/write functions. It's still work in progress but better than nothing.

Also we can decompile and see the code behind few tools made for KR and SA my Kons.Snok and few other ppl http://code.google.com/p/kprojects/
Falconbells
New User

Post by Falconbells »

I wrote a PM to Turley on 9th of May.

He has read it but I got no answer up to now.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Sorry guys, I've been extremely busy lately. So I cannot promise any updates for all the uop Fileformats. It's on my todo, but when I will have time for it no idea. :(