Animation Colors Messed Up

This is where you can discuss UOFiddler, by Turley.

Moderator: POL Developer

Panfast
New User

Animation Colors Messed Up

Post by Panfast »

Hi, when im adding custom animations frames some frames import fine and have no problems. Others, the image is messed up, some of the colors are off and looks distorted. Other animation editors such as mulpatcher do not do this. However, UOFiddler is so much easier to use so i really cant use mulpatcher, due to not being able to align and edit each frame.

There is a thread from last year that had this problem to:

http://forums.polserver.com/viewtopic.p ... =animation

This problem has really blocked me from going any further with my work.

Anyone know how i can fix this?
Turley
POL Developer

Re: Animation Colors Messed Up

Post by Turley »

Can you send me your frame pics so i can test it?
Panfast
New User

Post by Panfast »

My first thought was perhaps my image format/colors were incompatable. This isnt the case. In animation edit, i opened up anim4 and extracted 14(199) elemental into both bmp and tiff formats. Then in an empty slot (this case 28) and tried to import the frame i just exported, the frame imports but is now blank. I tired both the bmp and tiff. Also, sometimes the frame will import and show, but the colors will be very distorted. I noticed there is an option to export/import color palettes, how would i aquire one in the first place for a new handmade animation?

Im using uofiddler 4.5g. Nothing modified.

Here is both the bmp and tiff that were exported and unable to be imported:

http://www.mediafire.com/?p7ij5ycbznkyxko

I dont want to step on anyones toes, but im thinking maybe its something to do with the import procedure in animation edit?

Thanks for the concern Turley. Hope we get this figured out.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Ok its been a while since i last did something with animation edit, so i needed too test a bit.

Your problem is the color palette.
You always need too first import a colorpalette if you create a new animation and add a new pic. Cause when you add a pic its checks which palette index each pixel has and only stores the index.
Right click the palette and choose Import->
Txt: if you have a txtfile with the color informations
Image: iters over every pixel and creates a palette of the colors

Jep i know its a pain in the ass, especially if you add an additional framepic with some different colors.

My suggestion is use animated gifs. Gifs are stored almost in the same way as the anim muls, it has one palette for all framepics. So if you want to create a complete new frame use your favorite photoeditor and create an animated gif with your pics. And then reduce the colorpalette to 0x100 entries (256). If you add this gif inside the animation editor it will use the colorpalette from the gif and adds every framepic.
If you only want to add an additional framepic or only change one, i would also first create an gif and import it after.

This way you have a nice preview how your animation would look like and your problems with wierd pixels are gone.
Panfast
New User

Post by Panfast »

Turley thanks for the replies, your awesome.

Unfortunately, im still having problems. I created a gif using my frames in photoshop. Using the following settings:

Then with that imported it into animation edit and all it did was give me a black palette and black frames.

Here is the gif and frames i am using:

http://www.mediafire.com/?r8uhc2eiic09j3c

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon!
m309
New User

Post by m309 »

Panfast, I found that if you right-click the color line in Anim Edit, select Import < From Image, then just click a .bmp version of your animation (any single frame from the animation string) it will work fine. I was having the same issue initially.
Panfast
New User

Post by Panfast »

Thanks m309 for the reply.

However, im still getting this issue. Perhaps if i could load in a palette for each frame? Its odd, usually how i get my animations together is i load from directory into mulpatcher -> save .vd -> import .vd into uofiddler and the colors are correct. However if i skip everything and load the frames right into uofiddler, the frames will become off-colored.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

Mmh seems fiddler is unable to extract the colorpalette of it. Can't remember which tool I used. But in I think .net 3 they added a new way to read gifs. And since I already wanted to switch to .net4 its a good reason.
Panfast
New User

Post by Panfast »

Perhaps we could come up with some sort of a work around? Could we change/add a method to add a palette per frame?
Thagoras
New User

Post by Thagoras »

Did this ever get fixed? I'm still having this issue and don't have a fix.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

It should be fixed in the latest version. If not then attach a few pics which do not work, so I can test again
Thagoras
New User

Post by Thagoras »

It's ok, I've had a brief conversation with Soulblighter and he steered me in the right direction. Seems to work well if you convert each action (all the north running frames, for example) into an animated gif and then import it as that animated gif. All the pallets must be the same and this works best when you convert them all to an animated gif.
soulsoul666
New User

Post by soulsoul666 »

when i designed the tool.. i make it compatble with animations created by unlead gif animator.. plz try it =]