Ores

Here you can post threads requesting help on the official POL Ultima Online Emulator Core 095. Note: Core 095 is no longer officially supported.

Moderator: POL Developer

Pobis
New User

Ores

Post by Pobis »

Okay, can anyone help me "spawning my mines" heheh... I don´t know exacly witch file to look at and how to be able to mine anything on minerable floors. I´ve done the ores that i´d like and done the mining scripts, but now how do i configure where that people are able to mine them? Is it in ores, regions ? And do i configure it by the coordinates, like XYZ ?

Thanks alot for the noob question.

:)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Unfortunately the POL Distro doesn't support ore vein systems. So ores are mined at random, POL Distros prior to POL 0.97 Distro that is. Currently, to my knowledge, the POL 0.97 has no mining system at all.

So you'll have to script one of your own.

Several ways are open to you. One is to create an ore item that you place in the world that has the ore type written on it as a CProp. You'd place them in mineable areas and then if a miner was mining on the spot where the item is they would get an ore as defined on the item. You'd want to make them invisible ofcourse.

The other way is to create a config file of ore veins containing coordinates of veins and ore types. Then when a miner first starts mining you have the mining script check the file to see if there's a vein at that location. If so then the miner gets some ore of the type listed in the file. This method has a benefit over the first in that it does not add items to the world data file since it uses a cfg file to hold the vein info.
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

097 does have a mining system and supports both veins and random ore.

Yukiko wrote:Unfortunately the POL Distro doesn't support ore vein systems. So ores are mined at random, POL Distros prior to POL 0.97 Distro that is. Currently, to my knowledge, the POL 0.97 has no mining system at all.

Several ways are open to you. One is to create an ore item that you place in the world that has the ore type written on it as a CProp. You'd place them in mineable areas and then if a miner was mining on the spot where the item is they would get an ore as defined on the item. You'd want to make them invisible ofcourse.

The other way is to create a config file of ore veins containing coordinates of veins and ore types. Then when a miner first starts mining you have the mining script check the file to see if there's a vein at that location. If so then the miner gets some ore of the type listed in the file. This method has a benefit over the first in that it does not add items to the world data file since it uses a cfg file to hold the vein info.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Sorry Austin. Last time I looked at 0.97 Distro it hadn't had a mining system unless I just looked in the wrong place.

Just checked and found it.

I sit corrected.
Pobis
New User

Still with problem

Post by Pobis »

I did the ores.cfg file with all the landtiles and all the regions, but then when i start to mine it doesn´t get any type of ore. And i mined at the places where i put them. Could this be a mining script problem?
thnx
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

POL 0.95 is not setup to handle custom ores in specific locations. It distributes ores randomly as you mine.

Now here is a question, you said "I did the ores.cfg file with all the landtiles and all the regions, but then when i start to mine it doesn´t get any type of ore." Did you mean you don't get any ore at all or that you get regular ores but don't get the special ores you have created?

Just to be sure, you are running POL 0.95 core and POL 0.95 Distro, right?
darklord
New User

Re:

Post by darklord »

Austin wrote:097 does have a mining system and supports both veins and random ore.

Yukiko wrote:Unfortunately the POL Distro doesn't support ore vein systems. So ores are mined at random, POL Distros prior to POL 0.97 Distro that is. Currently, to my knowledge, the POL 0.97 has no mining system at all.

Trying to find this script without luck any chance anybody could help me ?
Austin
Former Developer

Re: Ores

Post by Austin »

darklord
New User

Post by darklord »

Still got some problems here.

For now i have all the ores (minable) but only 1 ore per spot.

My question is:

Code: Select all

Name		OreVein
	Desc		ore vein
	Graphic		7965
	Color		1000

Movable		0
	Invisible	1

Script		oreVein/use
	DestroyScript	oreVein/onDestroy
	MethodScript	oreVein/method
Do i have to make this for all my ores or just leave it as it is now?
Austin
Former Developer

Post by Austin »

Yes - you would need to create 1 object per ore type if you want to use veins.
If you want to use multiple ore types in an area, its better to use the regional mining config.
darklord
New User

Post by darklord »

Got it :) Thanks for the help :)

Now i got some other issue.

I made a script for smeling but when i compile my scripts it wont make the .ecl and .dep files any clue why?
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

If it doesn't create an ecl file, then its giving you an error. What error is it giving you?
darklord
New User

Post by darklord »

Sorry got it fixed allready .... totaly forgot to mention it