Cant log in new patch 6.0.14.2 Problem

This is where you can post about tools related specifically to the POL Server itself

Moderator: POL Developer

Erica
New User

Cant log in new patch 6.0.14.2 Problem

Post by Erica »

Hi today Osi added a new patch 6.0.14.2 i used the uoch added the client it made but you stay stuck wont let you log in all the way can you please look into this and add the new client thanks.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Re: Cant log in new patch 6.0.14.2 Problem

Post by MuadDib »

It's the fact of the 0xB9 packet structure changing. We already posting the fix to Core CVS, but will be a bit before a release is out for the Core (098.2 and 099 beta #1)
Erica
New User

Post by Erica »

MuadDib wrote:It's the fact of the 0xB9 packet structure changing. We already posting the fix to Core CVS, but will be a bit before a release is out for the Core (098.2 and 099 beta #1)
Ok Thank You Just tho that i post it but Thanks will wait tho.
Erica
New User

Post by Erica »

Ok uoch works tho it was a core modification so its not uoch what needs to be edit in core is Packets this line jeff posted it in runuo heres the link for the fix.
http://www.runuo.com/forums/general-dis ... post806210
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

We fixed the pol core a day ago, within 12 hours of the patch.

Difference is, our fix still allows all older clients to work plus the new ones. Only downfall, nothing in the KR client designates the difference so we can only partially support newest KR client. Although we don't fully support KR yet, we do partially support it.
Erica
New User

Post by Erica »

MuadDib wrote:We fixed the pol core a day ago, within 12 hours of the patch.

Difference is, our fix still allows all older clients to work plus the new ones. Only downfall, nothing in the KR client designates the difference so we can only partially support newest KR client. Although we don't fully support KR yet, we do partially support it.
Oh ok since i got the other server core exe i'll wait till yous here come out with uoch fix.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Erica wrote:Oh ok since i got the other server core exe i'll wait till yous here come out with uoch fix.
I don't think there is a UOCH fix. I think UOCH and also UO Rice will remove the encription of the 6.0.14.2 client as normal. As MuadDib stated it's a change of handling the packets in this case a special packet, that caused the error of no logon :D But you're right. We wait for that core change and for sure thanks for finding the "error" and doing this :)
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

UOCH patches the latest clients without any problems.

use this packethook to fix the login until the next core is released.

uopacket.cfg

Code: Select all

Packet 0xB9
{
	Length		5
	SendFunction	:Client:PacketHook/ClientFeatures:OutGoing_ClientFeatures
}
ClientFeatures.src

Code: Select all

program ClientFeatures()

Print( "ClientFeatures PacketHook." );
	return 1;

endprogram

//////////////////////////////////////

exported function OutGoing_ClientFeatures( character, byref packet )

character := character;

packet.SetInt32( 1, packet.GetInt16( 1 ) );

return 0;

endfunction
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Did you test this with older clients Tomi?
Perhaps they don't like the 5 bytes being sent because they expect 3 bytes.
And users with older client get in trouble. I currently have no time to test it myself.
Perhaps there should be a clientversion check in this hook. I don't know.
Turley
POL Developer

Post by Turley »

You cannot make a versioncheck inside this hook. This is one of the first packets send after reconnecting from loginserver to gameserver. You would need to hook the seed to get the clientversion and set a prop.
Tomi
POL Developer

Post by Tomi »

Pierce its impossible to get this to work perfectly with ALL client versions using packethooks, because fixed length packets can not be changed size inside the hook.

This was just an example hook to use the latest client for those who want. If you want it working for all clientversions, then you have to wait for the core fix for it.

Thats because you can not define this packet as variable length packet, and the only "special" option in uopacket.cfg you have is Is6017.
So that way you could make it work for clients earlier than version 6.0.1.7 and then the client 6.0.14.2 but not all.