[Not a bug] [POL098beta-2009-02-16] Statcap crash?

Moderator: POL Developer

Pierce
Forum Regular

[Not a bug] [POL098beta-2009-02-16] Statcap crash?

Post by Pierce »

First of all, i don't know if the topic title describes the crash reason.
Perhaps i even misread the core-changes or make another mistake.
I really tried to track it down, but i have no idea. The whole scriptbase
works fine the previous core.
The only thing i changed is removed the SYSFIND_SEARCH_STORAGE_AREAS flag
from the scripts. Ecompile afterwards compiles everything.

Then i changed the uoclient.cfg, that's where the crashs started on my test server :D

Old uoclient.cfg seems to work with no crash, but AR isn't shown any more (ML client, ML account) as stated in the core changes:

Code: Select all

General
{
	Statcap	225
	Strength	Strength
	Intelligence	Intelligence
	Dexterity	Dexterity

Hits		Life
	Mana		Mana
	Stamina		Stamina
	MaxSkillID	51
}
New uoclient.cfg

General
{
	Strength	Strength
	Intelligence	Intelligence
	Dexterity	Dexterity

Hits		Life
	Mana		Mana
	Stamina		Stamina
	MaxSkillID	51
}

Listener
{
	Port 5023
	Encryption ignition
	AOSResistances 0
	Statcap	225
}
If the client (and server) now did not crash at login, i can see AR or physical resist inside the status window again correcly. But in most cases the server crash immediatly on logon.
Sometimes in a way i had to close the crashed server from the task manager. That's why some dumps are zero.
As last scripts if it wasn't a hard crash, mostly logon.ecl, attributeCore are given. Sometimes itemcontrol.ecl. The attributeCore is in my case started by the logon script.

Characters where GM chars with more than 225 Stat. But even raising Statcap value or empty the whole attributeCore script doesn't help.

I removed the following from the pol.cfg

ClientEncryptionVersion=uorice
ListenPort=0
But if that's there or not doesn't change anything.

To make it short, i have no idea atm, so i'm just sending my dmp collection (variable) :D
Attachments
Pol098beta_dmp_collection.rar
(3.22 MiB) Downloaded 303 times
MuadDib
Former Developer

Re: [POL098beta-2009-02-16] Statcap crash?

Post by MuadDib »

Being set to Variable, halped a lot (although, honestly, all the crash dumps point to scripts, nothing with the statcap and resist). All crashes are in the eScript executor, or using the += and so on in scripts too. I saw one for during Select Character also. Nando is going to go over the dumps too, to see if he can tell anymore more than what I saw.

Aside from that, give me a little bit (tonight), and I'll post a special core in this thread for you to try using. It includes a few optimizations and adjustments to the code with Statcap and AOSResistances entries in UOClient.cfg. It also includes a fix (hehe) from a typo I made where Fire Resist is what will actually be sent for Physical Resist on AOS+ accounts using an AOSResistances uoclient port, lol. Sorry bout that. Was tired on that last part of coding for statmsg :D
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Try this pol.exe, and be sure to recompile with the ecompile.exe also before using it.
Attachments
Release.zip
Try this
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 315 times
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Oh, also, when you recompile, use starthere.bat, and have it save output to ecompile.txt and make sure all files was recompiled (can also just delete all .ecl files before recompile).
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

I always recompile my scripts using ecompile -r path\ . Never had any problems with that in the last years. It always gives a new compiled version when ecompile doesn't find any errors. But to be sure i deleted all .ecl first and then recompiled with your released version above.

Sadly it came to the same result. If i don't use the listener server runs fine, except it doesn't show AR anymore inside the status window.
If i use the listener the server crash nearly everytime on login. But i had no "freezes" yet. I mean the ones i need to use the task manager to close the crashed pol process.

If i track down the PC crash lines from last script (pol.log) it was 2-3 times in the middle of a large array definition, where it crashed.

Because it's the windows core. Does the new core perhaps has special requirements on the .net framework, especially in the listener part? Cause if it already needs .NET 3.5 this could perhaps be the reason.

I attached the new dumps :)
Attachments
Pol98beta_muaddib_release_dumps.rar
(975.61 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

no .net is needed, at all.

What is odd here, is all the crashes from first post point to += operands in escript for arrays, ints, strings, etc. That's the odd thing here.

I will process your dumps tonight after work mate. If you can, and don't mind, email me your scriptbase (including the ecl files and data files), minus the realm files (just tell me which realms you are using) since I can't reproduce this. With your scriptbase, we may be able to track down what is happening since I am testing with the Distro Scriptbase. It might be something odd that is not related and causing memory corruption. I hate those type bugs, so hope it is not that. But we WILL find out. The most recent betas include over 60 memory leak fixes also, so this is gonna be a pain to debug but your actual base may give us the clue to fix this.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Oops, forgot email.

sroyalty@gmail.com or can send a download link to my email if it's too big to email and you can send it.

And yes, btw, i got the files of uorice, just haven't had time to even open anything. Haven't had a day off work since January sometime :/
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

These crashes show same results as the others.

Mostly, they are all somewhere during or directly after character logon is fired. Again, all are with operands in the eScript executor (+= and ++ and so on).

Looks like I will really need your scriptbase and all at this point to narrow this one down. Unsure what is causing this, as the dumps point to the crash location, but NOTHING to say what is causing it at all (and especially since only you are experiencing these).

Whatever it is, it's not necessarily something you are doing wrong, but something it's not liking with recent memory leak fixes. Which means we need to find out what you are doing that is causing it, and adjust the core for it.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Looks like I will really need your scriptbase
Not necessarily mine, you only need a scriptbase, activate the listener and booom :D
I've tested now three different scriptbases. As long as you don't use the listener everything works normal, when you start using it, the server crashs.
Tested on my own server, our construction server (Pol 95 Distro, converted to 98) and the PvP Arena Scriptbase (here from custom script releases, converted to 98, deactivated stat hook and some parts of the account login hook). All three scriptbases are totally different.

It seems that the listener mixes up some packets or script work, cause sometimes pol.log tells you a "PC crash line" in a script that doesn't even exists like e.g. Last Script: scripts/misc/blabla.ecl PC: 1468 but that list file only contains 900 lines :D

I tried to search where i perhaps make an error, but as i said: it works normal if i don't use the listener and keep my .cfg's like before.
And i just wanted to shortly test that one, i hate Murphy ;)

I've put together a complete server with the mentioned Arena scripts where you can test it. Simple login and you get nearly evertime a new dump on another script.
Put back

ClientEncryptionVersion=uorice
ListenPort=5023
into pol.cfg and delete the listener part from uoclient.cfg (pkg/foundations/hook) and the server runs fine.
I tested it with the windows core, if i find some time i'll try it on linux, too.

I'll send you a link where you can download it via PM in a few minutes.
taxman
Journeyman Poster

Post by taxman »

Pierce wrote:..tells you a "PC crash line" in a script that doesn't even exists like e.g. Last Script: scripts/misc/blabla.ecl PC: 1468 but that list file only contains 900 lines :D

Take a look on blabla.lst file. Here you can found "PC 1468". ;)
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

098 Distro base, and 098 distro full, never crash with it enabled. Tested and verified. So no, it's not just "any" scriptbase that it has problems with. That is why I asked for one that would (which yours reportedly does). Pergon shard is also running this live, and not having problems.

Turley, can you verify if you have AOSResistances set or not? Forgot to ask you that when you showed me the 2 days uptime on the current beta.

I don't care about your scriptbase, just the way to reproduce it since the 4 bases I have, do not crash with it. That's why I asked.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

taxman wrote: Take a look on blabla.lst file. Here you can found "PC 1468".
Hehe, as i said blabla.lst ends with PC line 900. It was an example ;)
Hard to find PC 1468 in that case :D

@MuadDib:
If it's really just me, i must make a big mistake in some config file due to
misreading the core-changes. You'll probably find it fast in that example.
Takes some more minutes to upload ;)
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

long as you provide a crashing base, that's all I need to find it (hopefully, hehe).
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Turley, nor myself, could get it to crash..... lol

Ran around (nice town btw), but never crashed. I ran with 5.0.6c, he did it with 5.0.6d and with the newest 6.012.3 client. No crashes at all with AOSResistances 1 and such.

Btw, the constant cpu load of that scriptbase, sucks :P

At any rate... send me the client.exe in a rar file to test too. I am assuming you are using a riced client? If so, use normal client with Razor to remove encryption. If that works for you, that means UORice is corrupting the client file when you use it, thus making it send invalid packet structures to the core causing the crash. Try that for me, and send me the client exe you are using, and we'll go from there.
Pierce
Forum Regular

Post by Pierce »

Btw, the constant cpu load of that scriptbase, sucks
This could be, it isn't my scriptbase, so i didn't look at that. I can't read polish ;)

It seems that the bug is somewhere on my computer or in front of it :D

6.0.1.1 (riced) crash
6.0.1.1 (unpatched + Razor) crash
6.0.4.0 (riced) crash
6.0.4.0 (unpatched + Razor) crash
6.0.12.3 (riced) crash
6.0.12.3 (unpatched + Razor) crash

Therefor you use that exact same Arena install i build today also, it's not your problem anymore. Thank you for trying to help me finding that issue :)

Next thing before i get the packet logger out is linux. Or perhaps something in my client options. I wonder why that only happens with that listener enabled, if i'll find it i post it.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

kk