Area Managment

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

*Edwards
Forum Regular

Area Managment

Post by *Edwards »

Alright, so here is the tool if you want to handle special situations as NoLoot, NoAttack, NoLittering, NoRecalls, and other awesome features your shard could get with this small utility/system.

I created it using distro097 and it's my really first gump tool... (I didn't learn the easy way I know lol )

To-Do: dataFile reference so it could be possible to edit, delete and add new areas all via in-game. The constants have to be read from config file so a foreach loop could be used to display the options you have.

I shall work on the todo-list really shortly... The previous version of Shilohen is extremely old and this is a really brand new version but gave him the credits for the idea mainly used by ZuluHotel 10 years ago.

Note: would it be faster if the controlScript is used with EnumerateOnlineCharacters() instead of logon.src for all mobiles?

Note2: Would make me extremely happy if used with distro! lol
Attachments
areas.rar
Use with care, and let me know if you edit it! I'm curious.
(8.65 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
stella
New User

Re: Area Managment

Post by stella »

where i must paste it ?)
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

since this is its own contained package, it should be pasted somewhere in the /pol/pkg directory.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Obvisouly you'll need to recall the function in your script that will use the package. So for exemple you don't want people to cast in an area you will have to define in your casting script that:

option := watever you call the option that we could define as NOCAST for now.. ( has to be a const )

if( A_IsIn( mobile, NOCAST))
//Mobile is in the area defined in the configuration
return 0; //This is the effect used here. We don't want mobiles casting in this area.
endif
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Updated

To do - Handle Properties via config files... Too lazy to do it would surely take 2-3minutes if you take your time!
Attachments
areas.rar
(18.47 KiB) Downloaded 275 times