PHP+AuxSVC Account Creator

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

MontuZ
Forum Regular

PHP+AuxSVC Account Creator

Post by MontuZ »

Props to MuadDib for POLPack/UnPack code.

The basics:
Userdude inputs account/password/email. php script sends POL the information, POL checks if the account is not used, if not used POL stores the info in datafile sends the OK back to the php script, php script sends an email to the email specified with an activation link. The user checks his email, follows the link and if all is well the account will be created and the info stored in the datafile will be removed.

This is really basic, you'll need PHP, though I haven't a clue what version. When making this I had to spend most of my time learning PHP in the process, so there's probably some bugs, better/easier ways to do things and some stuff left out like checking if it's an already registered email/ip, etc.

Any questions, just ask here. Though if it's about PHP, prey someone that knows PHP answers.

Also if you improve this in anyway please release your version. At least on the PHP side, lol.
Attachments
UUOWeb.rar
I would like some sort of credit if you use this. Just either use my name or my shards site, UnrealUO.com.
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
Harley
Forum Regular

Post by Harley »

Thanks
Breg
New User

Re: PHP+AuxSVC Account Creator

Post by Breg »

Sweetness! Thank you, Can you modify it for pol 95? Or will it still work on 95 Perhaps?
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Looking it over really quickly, this should work with POL 095 with only two modifications I've seen so far...

WebAcct.src wrote:var params := SplitWords(ev.value, " ");
change to
var params := SplitWords(ev.value);
and
pkg.cfg wrote:CoreRequired 97
delete this line or change it to
CoreRequired 95
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thanks MontuZ.