Updates to cooking.

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Updates to cooking.

Post by Yukiko »

I have added a few more items that can be made, Gingerbread cookies, hamburgers, and hotdogs to name a few. Tc craft some of these items I added some new items, dried herbs for example. As there is yet no way to create dried herbs, and some other items needed for a few of the ingredients, those new ingredients have been added to the mrcspawn.cfg file. Dried herbs are available wherever regular reagents are sold. Check the mrcspawn file for newly added items.

I fixed the flour mill so you can now grind wheat sheaves into a sack of flour.
Foods that require the oven to prepare should now work.
Foods that require fire to cook can now be prepared when you are near a campfire, campfire embers, brazier, fire pit, bonfire, fireplace, and a wooden stove.

Cooking works a bit differently in the Modern Distro than some old-time players may be used to doing it. We are trying to conform, as much as possible, or tolerable, to the way skills work on UO's official servers. To cook food you need one of the following items, small pan, medium pan, frypan, large pan, large wooden bowl, spit, wooden bowl or rolling pin. Any of these items, when used (double-clicked) will open the cooking gump.

I reorganized the cooking gump a bit as well.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Updates to cooking.

Post by Yukiko »

I forgot one important thing. The sources of fire that can be lit by using them, must be lit in order to cook near them.