Mounts package integration.

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Mounts package integration.

Post by Yukiko »

The mounts package has been in the Distro for some time. ThisIsMe contributed it. But it was never integrated into tamed.src, chrdeath.src and dblclickself.src. It just sat there unused. Well, ThisIsMe and I worked on it, and now those scripts I mentioned use the mounts package. I am certain there are other places it will be able, or need, to be used. There are some nice features that are still untapped in the package. One very obvious change is in tamed.src. There used to be a long 'case' statement in tamed that selected the mount piece for a given NPC mount graphic. That is gone, replaced by a config file and related functions in the mounts pkg.

I am also working on the npcdesc.cfg file. I am slowly updating the NPCs to reflect the official stats, vitals, skills, and other things.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Mounts package integration.

Post by Yukiko »

I think I've finished integrating the mounts package into the Modern Distro. Please let me know if you encounter any issues with mounts.

I suppose I should remind everyone that the Modern Distro is a work in progress. Bug fixes and improvements are added as needed. Now that I have a bug tester (Thank you Strobel) those bug fixws and improvements might happen more frequently. If anyone is using the Modern Distro, or packages from it, as, or in, their main server, be aware that any changes you have made to your server might be overwritten by new code added or changed in the Modern Distro.