Officially supported Distros.

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Officially supported Distros.

Post by Yukiko »

After a brief discussion with the other POL developers it has been decided that the Modern Distro will become "the Distro" stripping "Modern" from the name. This is to be the official Distro for POL and will continue to receive feature updates and support for bug fixes.

The Classic Distro will keep its name and receive support for bug fixes as they are reported but it will probably remain stable with no new features being added. But, we developers are known for short attention spans, so you never know :D

I welcome, feature requests, feature pull requests, bug reports, and bug fix pull requests for the Distro.

Please only post in the Distro Bug Reports forum any issues encountered when you are using the Distro.

Just to clarify for those who still might be confused, the Edward's/Fantasia scripts are NO LONGER the "distro". They never worked and should NEVER HAVE BEEN MADE THE POL DISTRO!

I am sorry to be so emphatic but whatever reputation POL has was almost destroyed by making those scripts the Distro. I like POL very much and I hated to see that happen.

Thank you for your help and for using POL.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Officially supported Distros.

Post by Yukiko »

Just a reminder: The Modern Distro is a work in progress. It is somewhat incomplete. Feel free to use it but keep in mind that it is missing a few things, for example poisoning.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

This reply is mainly here to trigger this topic to show as unread.
The original post has been updated. So please read it.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I am sorry folks, but I feel I need to revive an older thread.

We decided a while ago that our participation with updates to the Classic Distro would be "maintenance" updates. I define maintenance updates to mean bug fixes only. I will attempt to fix some bugs. I do not promise I will be able to fix all bugs reported.

The Distros, both the Classic and the official (Modern) Distro are community projects. Thus I hope the other members of the POL community would offer their assistance as well. But, as Austin can attest, community participation in Distro development has waned since the days of POL 088 through POL 095. Plus, our community is considerably smaller than in the "good old days". By the way, this is not a rant. It is a reality. I knew the situation when I first offered what we used to call the "Alternative Distro", which eventually became the Classic Distro. If anyone would like to help with bug fixes to the Classic Distro, all you need is a GitHub account, knowledge of programming, and some spare time.

Thanks to Andy228 who has been reporting Classic Distro bugs. I may not get them all fixed but I am working on the runebook bug.