A few things added to both the Classic Distro and the Modern Distro.

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

A few things added to both the Classic Distro and the Modern Distro.

Post by Yukiko »

The other day whilst testing ammo usage of NPCs, specifically arrows, I suddenly realized that neither Distro had any archer NPCs and n archer AI script for NPCs. So I added one archer NPC, a Ratman Marksman to the npcdesc.cfg file in /pol/config. I also added archerKillPCs.src to /pol/scripts/ai.

I also made some minor changes to SpellStarter.src in /pol/pkg/skills/magery. Nothing huge, just some coloration of a few SendSysMessages and moved frozen check to the top of the "reasons a caster cannot cast" list of if checks. I also added a check for caster paralyzed to that list.

But the most noticeable thing I added comes from the "Gump Master" ThisIsMe. He decided to upgrade the create command used by seers and above to create items. Now if you enter .create with no optional item or ObjType number you are presented with a gump:

At the cursor if you enter a word, in this case chair, and click the search button, the one inside the red circle:

You will be presented with a list of all items that contain "chair" in their Name:

If there are more than 10 items you can page through the list. Simply click the OK button next to the item you wish to create. Next you will be presented with a request for the amount you wish to create:

Enter the amount and click "okay" and you will be presented with a target. Target a place to create the item(s). Please note that if you create more than one item they will be created on top of each other and it will appear that the programme only created one item. Just drag each item off and place it as needed.

You can also enter a name or partial name along with the command. When I entered .create ore I received the following gump:

As I said these things were added to both Distros. You can download the Classic Distro and the Modern Distro from the Downloads page.