The latest commit to the Distro repo 2018-04-02

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

The latest commit to the Distro repo 2018-04-02

Post by Yukiko »

There are some fixes and additions to the Distro.

From the Commit comments:

Fixed an error in lumberjacking. Fixed missing thigh boots in /tailoring/itemdesc.cfg file. Hopefully fixed Linux error reading customSpells.inc in /items/runebook/runebook/use.src.
Added 2 files named 'clean_accounts.txt and 'clean_pol.txt' to Distro root directory. These files have all game parameters set to a new POL install. ONLY use them if you are starting with NO items, NPCs, players, multis, guilds, etc. In other words a clean virgin world! System teleporters are now placed in the world by the decoratefacets command. Each facet will have its teleporters placed along with the items if you select it in the gump. Moved pkg utilsdate to the /pkg/utils folder. Moved the decorateServer pkg to /pkg/tools folder. Moved teleporters.cfg to the decorateServer pkg. Changed the graphic for systemteleporters from 0x1 to 0x0DDA (pink moongates). They are invisible but I wanted staff to be able to see them if seeinvisitems privilige is enabled.
I think that's all.

I also added a readme file to the Distro root directory entitled AAAA You MUST Read me.txtfor creating a clean world.

Here is the text from it:

How to start with a clean unpopulated world.

If you have never had a POL server before then skip to number 3.

1. Be absolutely certain you want to delete everything, accounts, players, items NPCs, etcetera from your world.

2. If you decide that is what you want to do then delete everything inside the /data folder.

3. There are two files named 'clean_accounts.txt' and 'clean_pol.txt' in the Distro root directory.
These files have all game parameters set to a new POL install.
ONLY use these files if you are starting with NO items, NPCs, players, multis, guilds, etc. In other words a clean virgin world!
If you have an existing world DO NOT use these files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You WILL cause POL to fail to start if you do not heed this warning!

4. If however you are starting out with all items deleted from the data folder then copy the clean_pol.txt and
the clean_accounts.txt files to your data folder and rename them to pol.txt and accounts.txt.
It is safe to delete everything from the data directory if you wish to do a complete wipe of your server but
you need an accounts.txt and a pol.txt file for POL to start. The 'clean' files are intended to be used
only on a new, never populated world or one that has been wiped clean of all things.

5. Note: If this is the first time you have ever downloaded the Distro there may not be a data directory present in
your pol directory. If there is no data directory then create it and do step number 4.

6. Now you can configure POL using the POL Configurator. You can download it at:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6063&sid=d286b30f7c ... 0b009367ee

I will now get back to integrating the Distro 0.98 crafting system into the current Distro, assuming there are no bug reports from this last update :)