The Distro now uses the attributes system from Distro 0.98.

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

The Distro now uses the attributes system from Distro 0.98.

Post by Yukiko »

This was done for a couple of reasons but mostly because Austin documented it fairly well.

See the attributes package docs directory for the docs. Also, see the individual functions for more specific info. You have to give Austin the credit he is due for his coding expertise, the docs he has written and for (sometimes too much :) ) organization.

The next phase in the Distro development is adding the Distro 0.98 crafting system to it. As I believe I mentioned before this will provide a standard gump interface to most, if not all, of the crafting skills. Personally I like the current alchemy system because it promotes "discovery" rather than having everything spelled out as far as ingredients are concerned but it too will be converted to MuadDib and Austin's crafting system.

This will take longer than I originally anticipated. I have started it but there are a number of config files that need to be setup for the new system. Can anyone say "boring"? :)

Initially the number of craftable items will be mostly limited to those already present in the current Distro crafting skills but hopefully contributors will add other items that are present in the art tiles as time goes by.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: The Distro now uses the attributes system from Distro 0.98.

Post by Yukiko »

Adding the 098 Distro crafting system is going pretty slowly. I may either put it on hold or have to rethink this project. I have ran into difficulties that keep leading me down rabbit hole after rabbit hole to fix problems that arise from the way I was attempting to do this. So some rethinking is definitely in order.