A proposal for including the downloadable documentation in the Distro repo

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

A proposal for including the downloadable documentation in the Distro repo

Post by Yukiko »

First I want to thank Turley for adding a cron job to the website that will keep our downloadable documentation up to date. In fact let me express a general thanks to him for all the help he has been to me with my personal project I have been working on. I don't want to leave the other Core and Distro developers out of the loop. You're all great and you have no idea how much your activity and support encourages me. Turley of late has spent some time helping me and so he's foremost in my mind.

Now to the question. As the documentation doesn't change very quickly and when it does it will get built within 24 hours as the downloadable ZIP file should we include that under a docs folder in the Distro repo? Anyone of the developers can update the repo's copy when the docs get updated. So there shouldn't be too much of a problem with the docs in the Distro from being out of sync with the online docs. Let me know what you think.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Re: A proposal for including the downloadable documentation in the Distro repo

Post by *Edwards »

keep up the good work! LOVE!
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thank you Edwards!

Well, I guess there are no objections to my proposal. I will add the unzipped downloadable docs in an upcoming commit.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

After some discussion on Discord I have decided that I will not include the offline downloadable docs in the repo. I will however place them in the Distro zip and installer files. I will be posting those files soon. Check the Downloads page occasionally for their availability.