Proposed change in the way resistances are handled.

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Proposed change in the way resistances are handled.

Post by Yukiko »

As it currently stands damage.inc handles resistances a CProps placed on the mobile. The built-in members are ignored. This has the one advantage of being able to expand beyond the built-in resistances. However it has the disadvantage of not displaying resistances properly, or at all, in the status gump.

My proposal is to use the resistance members rather than CProps for the built-in members but preserve the CProp method for any custom resistances that a shard developer wants to add. The same function call would be used for modifying resistances. It would check against the built-in resistances and if the modification was a built-in resistance it would adjust the resistance_mod member. If it was a custom resistance it would modify the CProp for that resistance.

It should be a fairly easy rewrite of the parts of damage.inc that handle resistances. Even I should be able to handle it. :)

Thoughts anyone?
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Proposed change in the way resistances are handled.

Post by DevGIB »

Does using the core resistances show in the status gump?

I was trying to work out if the Distro already uses a custom status bar packet, however it looks like it currently has a config in the packethook package but i can't see anywhere that calls the settings or find a reference to that status bar packet.

I might have to look at how the core responds to the request for the status bar to see if it uses those resistances by default.

I'm looking to want to upgrade it to support the new status bar window from ML rather than just the AOS one.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Proposed change in the way resistances are handled.

Post by Yukiko »

I'm 99% sure when applying the resist mods to the member resist_<type>_mod it does update in the gump.

As I mentioned on Discord try who.resist_fire_mod := 33 and see. Where who is referencing your character.