Update to the Distro-Alt, soon to be the Distro.

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Update to the Distro-Alt, soon to be the Distro.

Post by Yukiko »

The updates are many. I'll paste from the Distro changes.txt. All dates are approximate as some of the changes took place over several days. I can tell you how much I appreciate the diligence that the Core developers give to the Core changes file. It's very hard to remember every time I change something in the Distro. :) Thanks for your attention to detail.
??-Jul-2017 Yukiko Changed Made some minor fixes, changes, and updates to some files but I don't remember when or what was changed. It happens.

22-Jul-2017 Yukiko Added The "decorate the facets" package to the Distro. Also added was the clilocs package because it is needed by the facet decoration package. It also might prove useful later in future work on the Distro.

23-Jul-2017 Yukiko Updated The doors itemdesc file to include new doors that weren't in the file including sliding doors. I also added addition single tile book shelves to the carpentry itemdesc file.

24-Jul-2017 Yukiko Changed The way book spawning shelves are handled. They are now handled by a Control Script. Prior to this a Global property was set for every shelf that spawned books. This property became quite large in pol.txt which seemed ridiculous. So now the control script handles this. There are 2 CProps that get placed on a book shelf that is to spawn books, Spawn and MaxBooks. Spawn is set to 1 and MaxBooks any integer from 1 to 15. The control script will check every 10 minutes and spawn the necessary number of books to achieve MaxBooks. I also added a command, spawnShelf, that will allow GMs to turn any non-spawning book shelf that graphically looks like it contains books into a book spawning shelf.

24-Jul-2017 Yukiko Changed The handling of damage in various scripts to now call the damage functions in damage.inc which take into account resistances such as Fire, Clod etcetera.

25-Jun-2017 Yukiko Changed Removed the prefix "ATTRIBUTEID_" from the skill attributes and changed the names of some like EVALINT and ITEMID to longer names, EVALUATING_INTELLIGENCE and ITEM_IDENTIFICATION. See \scripts\include\attributes.inc for the new naming convention. Updated the skills to include Bushido, Ninjitsu, Spellweaving,Mysticism, Imbuing, and Throwing bringing the skill count to 57 snd in line with ToL. Those skills aren't usable yet but I'm working on it.

25-Jul-2017 Yukiko Added The Necromancy scrolls defined in the client and incorporated the Necromancy spells from Arena PVP shard. I modified some of the spells to comply with info provided on UO Guide wiki but did not get to all of them. Arena shard didn't apparently add in all the extra stuff the spells are supposed to do. I can't be certain about that though without a greater study of their other scripts. I also added a couple of NPCs necessary to the necromancy package.

25-Jul-2017 Yukiko Added The Necromancy scrolls to nlootgroup.

25-Jul-2017 Yukiko Added The way resistances are handled by equip and unequip scrpts. Damage.inc does not use the resistance members to handle resistances but rather places a CProp on the mobile which contains a dictionary of resistances. I added a check for resistance members on items and then passed the value to ModifyResistance in damage.inc
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Update to the Distro-Alt, soon to be the Distro.

Post by DevGIB »

Good looking work ^_^.
If you have access maybe look at setting up a project board on Github so you can assign some tasks and offload some work.

We're on discord ;) if you want to have a chat about direction for the distro :)
ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Post by ThisIsMe »

I'll provide you with the Summon familiar gump work at some point this week, going to look at the runebook and runic atlas stuff right now.
DevGIB
Grandmaster Poster

Post by DevGIB »

I'd previously started working on the spell weaving package however it was based in the edwards scripts.
I could look at converting it to Distro-Official ( ;) ) if no one else has started on that?

Its based on the ServUO spells.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I tell you what DevGIB, I'll forward you the Spellweaving package from PVP Arena shard. They apparently used a script base very close to the Distro-Alt so it was fairly easy to get their scripts to compile "out of the box". The only issue I had was adding the detrimental effects fro necro spells to other scripts. Well, that and the fact their comments, variable names, and SysMessages are in Polish. Google translate and I developed a very close relationship over the past week. :)

Yeah. I told Nando I was going to give Discord a try. Here's my issue with programs that are like IRC, the text stream requires attention. Chat clients such as Pidgin, Skype etc. are asynchronous so you don't have to worry about text from 5 different people scrolling by that you have to go back and read if you got busy doing something else. Plus, I'm still typing one handed due to my stroke so I'm slow in responding. That's why I prefer Skype at the moment a messaging tool.
ThisIsMe
Distro Developer

Post by ThisIsMe »

Moved the Runebook forward to support Sacred Journey, just need to add the actual casting of the spell and did the following with runebooks:

- Moved everything I could over to clilocs including messages and gump text entry stuff
- lowered the spell circle buttons down slightly to allow for the Sacred Journey button else it looks too smooshed together.
- Added the text colors based on the runestone's realm info instead of the color of the rune, as I think they are different than the actual rune's color generally, plus Ilshenar is color 1102 which is also the same color as Malas's rune color, so I changed this to the Paragon gold color. The color scheme seems a bit odd though as I need to subtract 1 from the number in order for it to show the right colors...Odd.

off to bed, tomorrow I will get the Sacred Journey stuff in there, though I can not test it at this time as I dont have Chivalry in place but it is a step forward. Then I will work on the Runic Atlas stuff. Then I will put together a tithing gump for Chivalry if you'd like.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I did something wrong during my attempt to switch the two branches and currently the Distro-Alt is not in the repo. I will resolve this later today. I had intended this to go smoothly and be in bed an hour and a half ago. Sorry for any inconvenience.