Several issues with the Edwards "Distro" have been fixed

Discussion about the development of POL's official distribution scripts.

Moderators: POL Developer, Distro Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Several issues with the Edwards "Distro" have been fixed

Post by Yukiko »

Several issues are now repaired in the Edward's "Distro" and committed to the repository.

Specifically the ObjType numbers were still set to 0xFFxxx rather than 0x1FFxx.

Without these fixes you could not mount ridables, and boats were missing the tillerman, planks and holds.

I find it unfortunate that this has been the "Official POL 'Distro' " for so long and yet it STILL had such obvious bugs! Ofcourse these new issues were introduced by the expanded graphics range in later clients but the funny thing is other items like the worn items container had their ObjType numbers updated.

Do we have anyone "maintaining" the Edward's "Distro"?
boberski
Grandmaster Poster

Re: Several issues with the Edwards "Distro" have been fixed

Post by boberski »

I was bugfixing it but as you see I do not catch all of errors.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

You seem to have fixed most of them. I remember when Edwards donated it to POL as the "Distro" it didn't compile plus it had many issues. I found it confusing because, according to my understanding from what we were told, Edwards had been running it as Fantasia shard until he shut it down. I only discovered these last two things because I was helping someone with the problem of not being able to ride tamed mounts. They also mentioned the problem with boats.

Anyway, I think it's working now.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Feel free to ask my anything! ;)

The boat system should be working good?! Double click the tillerman!

Tamed mounts was working ok. Not sure though what are the issues you are referring to. ... It's been a while ;)
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I think a little documentation around the class system would be helpful, things like setting up the class and race gates. Most of the player info is fine because that's explained in the gumps. Also a brief explanation of the \items\rituals package, what they are and what they do. How certain non-standard things are used like totems and some of the 'religions'. The only reason this came up as an issue for me is because I am helping someone who is using the "Distro" as the foundation for a shard. He likes the way WoD separated their NPCs into separate npcdesc files and directories. Go figure! :) Anyway, while removing the class system from the "Distro" (He wants to implement a different, more restrictive system.) I had to edit the rituals scripts and I became curious about them. For such a feature rich set of scripts a little documentation is helpful.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

http://fantasiaserver.proboards.com/board/3/started

True. I should've added additional notes. See above a link to our playguides. There you will find various info about our systems.
*Edwards
Forum Regular

Post by *Edwards »

Additional info:

Well, the images are now missing from the forum.

I'll try to resume briefly.

You have a hundread thousands more items from the loot. Items must be item identificated to reveal the true name of the weapon/armor. They all have different effects, from speed, force, up to drain vitals, cast speel, x2 against dragons, etc.

- the skills are grouped under a class system. They become more effectives once you get levelled in a class.

- in addition to spellbook, mage benefits using the earth, necro and ritual book which includes brand new spells. Along with a song book for bards.

- you have various addons in game. Like the shrine elements. Some loot gives special chances to find items that you can give to a shrine elemental to exhange against unique element armors or weapon. Or GM items in memory to memorable developpers or admins from zuluhotel over the years. Their effects are much greater than usual magic items, but they re really rare and mostly drop only on big boss. Etc.

Well, these are the most interesting stuff that I remember hehe!

Feel free to ask me questions ;)

-enjoy!
-
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Thanks Edwards.