Poison Shard fIles

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

Poi
Grandmaster Poster

Poison Shard fIles

Post by Poi »

I have been running this shard for over 5 months by now(off and on) and am tiried of going nowhere, i am releasing the scirpts to anyone that wnats them(Everything but the data folder).. More info:

095 distro
We have at least(I didnt count) 25+ custom commands(From other world releases, or custom) I have around 6 or 7 different hides, and just an all around pretty good shard(In our players(3) opinions)

So if you want this, to check it out or use it, tell me and ill fix you up with it.

All i ask, is that you give me your email and if you update the scripts a lot if/when i start my shard again, that you send me them, thanks!(May or may not happen)
Poi
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Poi »

Harley
Forum Regular

Post by Harley »

I'm sorry, but I can't download thoose archive at there site. Can u upload this here? Thanks.
Poi
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Poi »

It works for my friends, so it must be on your side, no sorry i don't want to slow down pols site anymore then it already is. Try again, if it stil doesnt work then get msn/windows messanger and add me(darkaura7@hotmail.com)
Tritan
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Tritan »

I use savefile also for my files and am not able to download this file in either Firefox or IE.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

As I am a rather compulsive collector of scripts I have tried also to download the file. I cannot either. I get redirected back to the page with the "download" button.

If you want me to host your shard email me a copy of the zip or rara file and I'll host it for you.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Or, as earlier stated........

Make sure the zip does NOT contain the data folder, or any of the .ecl/.lst/.dbg files, and you can post it here on the forums for easier access.
Poi
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Poi »

Well, if someone can get me a better host for my files then please give me a link, otherwise i am not going to delete uneeded files(lst, etc) and yukkiko thanks for your offer, but the file is currently to large for emailing, so yeah.
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

I would never, ever, recommend anyone downloading a scriptbase, scriptset, packege, etc, that has precompiled scripts in it or data directory. One, the data directory contains personal account info that could be used on other shards by players, and 2, you never know what the .ecl actually is. It could be something to give someone account passwords, etc etc if you used it as is.

Just my view on that.
Tritan
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Tritan »

There is currently a batch file in the distro script sets that remove these files for you. It is a batch file that you run and select which type of files you want it to remove.

I would recommend running this then upload them here. Not only would this protect your players accounts but ease the mind of everyone else about downloading it.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Not sure about your end Poi but I can receive up to 20 megabyte attachments.

But yes you should remove the data, realm and Mul folders along with deleting all *.ecl, *.dep, *.lst, *.log and *.dbg files. That will no doubt reduce the size of the file. See Tritan's post above about the batch files in the '97 Distro.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

heh, I got it downloaded, removed all unneeded files and repacked the zip in a format that is readable by other programs besides just WinRAR and its 1.7MB now...

Another reason that you must delete these files and recompile if you were to ever use this on another shard is because if the cores are different, you're asking for crashes or failures of the scripts just because its compiled for a different version.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

FYI: Now for some reason I am able to DL the file.
*shakes head*
I hate computers/I love computers.
Poi
Grandmaster Poster

Post by Poi »

1. Anyone that knows anything about pol would know to re-ecompile the files(SO that it replaces all .ecl's with the correct script) and no one with half a brain would use htis on a live shard befor testing... besides, they got it to download so i think we should all be good.

And just for further info, im not using 97, 95, and im just using the distro downloadable on the main page....
MuadDib
Former Developer

Post by MuadDib »

Anyone who knows, half a brain...........

You'd be suprised.
CWO
POL Expert

Post by CWO »

Poi, ecompile doesnt always compile the script again unless the ecl is missing.
Harley
Forum Regular

Re: Poison Shard fIles

Post by Harley »

Does anybody have those server & .src ?
I'll be very grateful!