Improved sysbook package for the Classic Distro

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Improved sysbook package for the Classic Distro

Post by Yukiko »

[Edit 2019-09-30: Changed the Distro Documentation, specifically on the Merchant Types page. There were some merchants I had in the does not require a merchant node category but they actually needed to be spawned by a merchant node. Plus, in the Classic Distro I updated the Battle Mage to not require a merchant node. This update reflects that change as well.]
[Edit 2019-09-29: I added a function, SelectionGump2, to the selectionGump.inc file in /pkg/utils/gumps/include directory that gives a unified look to all the gumps in sysbook and changed the function calls in about 4 files to that new function.]

This is the sysbook package that is in the Modern Distro with one required file added to make it function in the Classic Distro.

You might be asking, "what does the sysbook packaege do?". I'll tell you. This package (pkg) does two things. It is the package that contains the blank books in which players can type text. It also is the package that controls the pre-written "system books" that spawn in the bookshelves.

This release improves on the previous version in many ways. Here are some of the improvements.

1. The current version runs a control script for every bookshelf that is set to spawn books. This version runs just one control script for all the spawning bookshelves.
2. This version has more commands for controlling which books, contained in the Shard Library, will be spawned in the bookshelves set to spawn books.
3. This version has two libraries, the Master Library and the Shard Library. The functions of the two libraries are explained in the Distro Documentation.

If you have already set-up book spawn shelves with the current sysbooks package, please be advised that those shelves will not spawn books with this new sysbook package. You will need to set-up your shelves to spawn again.

How to install this pkg:
1. Download the ZIP file.
2. Open the /pkg/items directory inside your server's root directory.
3. Delete the sysbook directory.
4. Go back to your server's root directory.
5. Open the ZIP file you downloaded. Inside that file you should see two directories, docs and pkg. Copy them to your into your server's root directory. If you get any warnings about overwriting files, go ahead and tell the system to replace the existing files with the new ones..
6. Compile all scripts.
7. Before using the sysbook package please open the index.html file in /docs/Distro Documentation and read the sysbook documentation.

In the Distro Documentation I have included documentation for other systems besides the sysbook package.
Attachments
Improved_sysbook.zip
Improved sysbook package and Distro Documentation for the Classic Distro.
(235.98 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Improved sysbook package for the Classic Distro

Post by Yukiko »

I made a change to the ZIP file. See the original post (OP) for details.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Re: Improved sysbook package for the Classic Distro

Post by Yukiko »

Another update.