Orion Client and Orion Assistant package.

Post your Custom Scripts or Packages.

Moderator: POL Developer

Yukiko
Distro Developer

Orion Client and Orion Assistant package.

Post by Yukiko »

This is version 1.1 of the package to allow shard admins to control the built-in features of both the Orion Client and the Orion Assistant. This version adds CoreRequired 99 to the pkg.cfg file.

Rather than duplicate a long list of settings for each feature of those programs in a settings file I took a more prudent approach. The list of features could be expanded in the future by the developers of Orion which would require adding to the list of settings in the settings file for this package I decided to take advantage of tools already provided by the developers to simplify the process of configuring the settings. The following document will explain how to configure this package. A copy of this document is in the docs folder under OrionClient in the ZIP file.

Orion Client Package Instructions

The Orion client is a mostly an open source third party client for playing Ultima Online®. It is still under development and is not at a 1.0 release version yet. It is however quite functional and is in active development. You can download it from https://orion-client.online/index.php?pages/downloads/
This document will only cover using this package. Instructions on installing and using Orion can be found at the above website.

Please understand I am not associated with the Orion client project. I was told about it by another POL developer, I think it was Pumpkins or Boberski. I downloaded and installed it and found I liked it. There are still things that do not work such as boat movement. That is on their list of things to get working. I cannot provide support for the Orion client. Please go to the Orion forums for all questions about installing, configuring and using the client. I authored this package to provide developers who wish to use Orion for their players a way to restrict some of the Orion client's features. This simple package is the only "Orion" thing I can support, not the client itself.

This package was developed to provide support for the Orion client’s features which can be disabled by sending a special TCP packet at logon and at re-connection. A few examples of features that can be disabled are constant light level, hiding roofs and turning tress into stumps. There are more features both in the client and the Orion Assistant (A utility similar to Razor.) that can also be disabled. You can place this package anywhere in the pkg directory. I placed it under \pkg\utils.

Currently any shard developer wishing to allow the Orion client to be used must ONLY allow Orion clients. This is due to the fact that the TCP packet which disables certain Orion client features will cause the official UO clients to freeze upon receiving this packet. We are waiting on the Orion developers to help us in determining a way to send a query to any client logging in which the Orion client would use to identify itself. If we can do that then we would only send the feature disable packet to the Orion client and thus solve our problem.

This package consists of 5 files, logon.src, reconnect.src, settings.inc, settings.cfg, and this document. The only file you as the administrator need to modify is settings.cfg found in \OrionClient\config.

This is how you configure Orion. After placing the package in your pkg directory you will need to shut down your server and compile logon.src and reconnect.src. Do not restart your server yet. Now run the Orion Launcher. Click on the Orion Features tab. The first thing to do is click the radio button labeled POL on the right side of the window. You will see a script appear in the box below the button. Now look on the left side and decide which features you want to disable in the client. They are all enabled by default. Uncheck those you want to disable. As you uncheck them you will notice the script change a little. Actually it is the packet information that changes. Once uo are satisfied double-click somewhere in that hexadecimal number in the script to highlight ONLY the hex string of digits. See the example below.

Right-click on the highlighted text and copy it to the clipboard. Now open the settings.cfg file located in \OrionClient\config. Find the setting ClientFeatures and replace the hex number to the right of that setting with the one you copied from the script in the Orion Launcher.

Setting restrictions on the Orion Assistant are just as simple. Click on the tab labeled OA. Make sure the POL radio button is ticked. Now choose from the lists of restrictions you want to disable. When you are satisfied double-click on the hex number in the script. This hexadecimal string is much longer than the previous one so some of it will be hidden. You can see most of the number by using the scroll bar at the bottom of the script example. Right-click and copy it to the clipboard.
See the example below:

In settings.cfg find the setting AssistantFeatures and replace the hex string to the right with the one you copied from the script example on the Orion Launcher form.

The final setting in settings.cfg is DoNotRestrictStaffAtOrAbove. This allows administrators to allow unfettered access by staff at or above a certain command level to all of the features of the Orion Client and the Orion Assistant. The default setting is command level 3 which on most shards is the Game Master (GM) level. Your shard may have more or less command levels and they may have different names but the numbers for the command levels will be in ascending order from lowest to highest command level. Decide at which level and above you want to have unrestricted access to Orion’s features. If you do not want anyone to have unrestricted access then set this to zero (0).

Save the settings file and restart your server.
Congratulations! You have now configured your shard for exclusive use of the Orion Client and Assistant.

I hope you find this useful.

Yukiko
POL Distro leader.
POL Development Team
https://polserver.com

[Note: The ZIP file has been updated to version 1.1 of this package]
Attachments
OrionClient.zip
Orion Client control package version 1.1
(82.62 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
ghibli1983
New User

Re: Orion Client and Orion Assistant package.

Post by ghibli1983 »

Hi to everything in the community,

this is my first post, i need support,
I want configure my POLServer with Orion client for my PG, but i don't know in the pol console see this message when establish a connection with a Orion Client:

syslog [pkg/Utils/OrionClient/logon.ecl]: Error::OC_GetSettingsCfgFile() - Unable to open [:OrionClient:settings.cfg] ->Unable to find package OrionClient

but i'm follow the guide .. . . .please Help me !

Thank's for read and assistance ;-) :P
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I am not at my PC right now. I will look at this in about 2 hours.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I returned to my PC a lot sooner than I had anticipated.

I downloaded the ZIP file from my post. I opened it using Windows file explorer and inside the ZIP file is a folder named OrionClient. I copied that folder to my test shard in the /pkg/utils directory. I then started my test shard. I logged into POL using the Orion client and did not receive any console error. This is what was printed to my console:

Code: Select all

Account admin logged in from 127.0.0.1
Client disconnected from 127.0.0.1 (0 connections)
Script scripts/misc/logon.ecl running..735..1327..1332..2549
Make sure you copied the OrionClient folder inside the ZIP file to your pkg directory. I placed it under the 'utils' directory but it can be placed virtually anywhere in the pkg directory. I realize you have probably double checked your work but recheck it again for me.

1. Remove the OrionClient folder from your server pkg directory.
2. Open the ZIP file.
3. In the file you will find a folder named OrionClient.
4. Copy that folder to your /pkg directory or to a sub directory in your /pkg directory.
5. Restart POL and see if you still get the error when you log in.

I apologize for asking you to recheck and do again what you have already done but I do not receive the error. I can only assume something went wrong when you extracted the files from the ZIP file. It is difficult to diagnose the problem if I cannot recreate it with my server.

Please let me know if you have any further problems.
ghibli1983
New User

Post by ghibli1983 »

Hi Yukiko,
thank's for assist me,

i follow your instruction but don't work, (i need to compile the src file?)

I change the setting.inc?

i download the zip file and put in my Pkg folder!

Attach the image wit my error !! ^^
Tank's a lot for your assistance
Attachments
ERROR ON MI CONSOLE
ERROR ON MI CONSOLE
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

I am sorry. I forgot to mention that you need to compile logon and reconnect src files. Try that and restart POL.
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

In a PM Ghibli1983 told me he is using POL 093. If anyone is using OBSOLETE Cores this package will not work without a little modification and may not work even with modifying it. If you are using an obsolete Core and having trouble with the scripts reading the settings file, move the settings.cfg file from /OrionClient/config folder to the main /OrionClient folder. If the scripts still do not work then you will need to upgrade to POL 099.1

POL 093 is about 18 years old and is no longer supported!
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

Version 1.1 of the OrionClient package released. This is a very small update. I added CoreRequired 99 to the pkg.cfg file. This is to try to prevent this package from being implemented on shards using a version of POL that does not know to look in a package's config folder for config files, such as POL 093.

Yeah. I know there is an easy work around but maybe this will give those developers pause before trying to use it.
Demostenes
Neophyte Poster

Post by Demostenes »

Yukiko wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:21 pm We are waiting on the Orion developers to help us in determining a way to send a query to any client logging in which the Orion client would use to identify itself. If we can do that then we would only send the feature disable packet to the Orion client and thus solve our problem.
Hello,

was this solved?

Thanks!
Yukiko
Distro Developer

Post by Yukiko »

If I understand your question correctly it appears that the Orion developers need to implement the feature. I don't know if they have added that.